Author Topic: Jugglingstore had Sundia!  (Read 6588 times)

fzzyrn

Jugglingstore had Sundia!
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:38:26 AM »
I just noticed that jugglingstore now has Sundias in stock. This is great for us americans! what a day! it's still kinda expensive though.

Sorry if this seems like a shameless advertisement.

n3mo

Re: Jugglingstore had Sundia!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
sweet! they're the same price as other diabolos though...its like $15 to $20 (equivalent) if you get it in taiwan =P
- Princeton Juggling Club -

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:28:25 AM »
hey n3mo exactly where would you get them in taiwan?  or mainland china?  cause my dad sometimes takes business trips so i could ask him to pick some up the next time he goes.

Josh

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:18:31 AM »
hm.. I'm not sure that my dad would go to taipei but I can ask him.  Thanks.
Josh

Nahxela

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »
Technically the store isn't actually in Taipei :P, but close enough, anyways.

If you've seen the PEH Cup videos and perhaps if you know where the TPEC Building is, that'll give you a decent idea of where the actual store is, since it's about a 15-20 minute walk from the TPEC Building...

And I've noticed that the Fly is in stock in a few places in North America, notably juggling store and higgins brothers, although they go for around 50 USD, which is extremely expensive compared to the ~20 USD when buying directly from Sundia ._.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Niclas

Sundia New Style Diabolo On jugglingstore.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »
http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=283

Is that Sundia Sun, i think so.
But the name is confusing.

Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

Nahxela

Re: Sundia New Style Diabolo On jugglingstore.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 11:20:36 PM »
http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=283

Is that Sundia Sun, i think so.
But the name is confusing.

Yup, that's the Sundia Sun, you can especially note how there's a picture of a crystal sun :)
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Xev

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
Man, now I have to choose between Finesse, Circus and Fly for my next diabolo! ???
It's pretty awesome they got Flys in though.

willum89

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:07 PM »
Technically the store isn't actually in Taipei :P, but close enough, anyways.

If you've seen the PEH Cup videos and perhaps if you know where the TPEC Building is, that'll give you a decent idea of where the actual store is, since it's about a 15-20 minute walk from the TPEC Building...

And I've noticed that the Fly is in stock in a few places in North America, notably juggling store and higgins brothers, although they go for around 50 USD, which is extremely expensive compared to the ~20 USD when buying directly from Sundia ._.
xP yeah the 50 USD is pretty ridiculous. I would never buy those in a million years. I sell them to my students for 30 USD which is good enough to cover shipping and cost for string/candy that go to the kids. Diabolos aren't like food where you can sell a ton everyday so to make a living off selling them you have to make like 300% profit atleast on each one or you're kinda gonna starve and be a diaboloing hobo.

n3mo

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 02:26:13 AM »
damn and here i am selling them for $20 to my students, and free string changes =P
- Princeton Juggling Club -

fzzyrn

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 04:01:16 AM »
yeah they're always more expensive when they're redistributed. I'm guessing you're buying them direct from sundia?

ecuador16

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »
n3mo can you sell me some here in the US?
or can somebody sell me a clear one
ive heard flys are awesome but that price tag at jugglingstore is just too much
diaboling is getting expensive

anybody know any decent prices for someone in the U.S.
preferably below $30 us dollars

kyo

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
I know of at least 2 other US stores that have them now as well.. saw them at a juggling festival a few weeks ago.

Sky King has them for $45 I believe, but I don't think her website is entirely online yet.. inthespinjuggling.com

Infinite Illusions had them for I think $40? I can't find them on the website but they always seem to have things that aren't online.. they clearly suck at updating.

Not cheap, but that's what happens with the american dollar sucks.

Kyle

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »
you guys are so hypocritical imo, OMG $50 USD IS SOOO MUCH FOR A DIABOLO!!! ... Circii STOCK are junk and $50 then you buy the new hubs at fork out $20 or more and end up with $70 on your diabolo, and the lumo finesse is $45 and the Fly is $45 so quit complaining they're not that expensive.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 12:49:10 AM »
you guys are so hypocritical imo, OMG $50 USD IS SOOO MUCH FOR A DIABOLO!!! ... Circii STOCK are junk and $50 then you buy the new hubs at fork out $20 or more and end up with $70 on your diabolo, and the lumo finesse is $45 and the Fly is $45 so quit complaining they're not that expensive.

Agreed - $50 USD sounds about right to me for a top quality diabolo like a Sundia / circus / finesse......  others mention cheap direct prices, but IF you could buy Circus or Finesse direct from the manufacturer (which you can't) then they would be about the same or lower price as Sundia direct.  So stop complaining - Sundia diabolos are very good value at retail price for the engineering / development that goes into them.  Give the retailers a break, they put the work in so that you can buy the products at a fair price.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 03:21:07 AM »
Well said Nev! ;)
Ours are much cheaper than US$50, but only for aussie folks  :P :D
They're a great diabolo!, well worth the money! Also, Sundia has begun to direct their orders to distributors around the world, which means you'll only be able to buy from shops like Nev's, myself, jugglingstore etc.. 

Nahxela

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 04:50:13 AM »
Nev, I think you're interpreting what we're saying too extremely.
Yes, it's true that we aren't so happy about the price when we have the opportunity to get them cheaper, but it's not like we're going on and bashing the various sites. We're merely stating that it's more cost effecient to buy direct than to buy through a vendor that is redistributing the merchandise.
And this goes especially towards n3mo, Chickeneater72790, willum89, and myself since we've got that opportunity through our ethnicity (Chinese/Taiwanese), so of course we're going to take advantage of, and point out this convenience.

Also, willum89 acknowledged, and I'm sure the rest of us are aware of this, too, that diabolo vendors do need to make a living, and sell at a great proportion in order to make a living
Diabolos aren't like food where you can sell a ton everyday so to make a living off selling them you have to make like 300% profit atleast on each one or you're kinda gonna starve and be a diaboloing hobo.

No need to get so grouchy...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal