Author Topic: 1 & 2 diabolo starts  (Read 13009 times)

vch

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »
more than 60 starts - all what we could imagine and realise
http://www.satori.cz/starts.wmv

Enjoy it!

PS: Other videos of "Circus company" on http://www.satori.cz/grinds.wmv and http://www.satori.cz/suicides.wmv

seán_

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 03:18:08 PM »
Thanks, theres loads there to work on, I was hoping to do something like this when I got my hands on a video camera but I wouldn't have thought of loads of them. Thats a very usefull video.

Arjan

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 04:07:13 PM »
Kewl video`s guy`s!
I like the origional stuff in there. Especially the 2 diab starts, good work  :D

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 04:23:03 PM »
Nice video guys.  The only one I can think of that you missed is the one that is shown in Eric and Antonin's video "Baguettes and Diabolos" where one of them has a diabolo on the string and one on his foot (his foot is in the close cup) and he flips it up onto the string and starts the shuffle.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Alex

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:26:13 PM »
Not bad.  I also noticed one other two diabolo start you missed.  The one where you put both diabolos on the string on the ground, and then just start it without wraps or anything.

Of course, I have never seen this except for in one video a while ago, that I can't find anymore.

vch

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 10:14:15 PM »
I thought we had done this this start and I have propably forgotten putting it there... I am sorry. You may have seen it at www.troisdiabolos.free.fr done by Ludovitch it does not work now, but I still have it :D  If you really want I will share it, but I am too lazy at the moment...

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 01:09:34 AM »
Also Sean did a video of this near when the forum first started up, I've probs still got it sumwhere, its not a very hard start to get right if you've got a strong shuffle.

seán_

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 03:18:47 AM »
Quote from: Alex
Not bad.  I also noticed one other two diabolo start you missed.  The one where you put both diabolos on the string on the ground, and then just start it without wraps or anything.

Of course, I have never seen this except for in one video a while ago, that I can't find anymore.

This is a nasty start. (if its the one I am thinking of). you lift the right hand diabolo over to the left then bounce it over to the right to start the shuffle (i think it's in diabology, it's in one of Donald grants books, I can never do it. (unless you mean just hopping the left one over the right one into the shuffle which I haven't even tried)

A simmilar one I have been playing with recently starts with the 2 diabolos free on the string, throw the right one up but backwrap it to start the shuffle. not the best floor start but one worth having a go at.

One 2d start I like as one of those personally satysfying ones is to have one spinning and have the other one balanced on the right handstick under my thumb (the position it tends to be in when I pause when doing 2d). I then slide the diabolo down the stick, onto the string, under the spinning diabolo, as it leaves the string on the left hand side catch it in a backwrap and start shuffling. You can get away without the backwrap but will have no speed. I started doing this start because I tend to stop by catching the diabolo under my thumb and because the stick slide start is one of the starts I allways used with 1d.

I dont know if this one is on the video (differnt computer) but I'm quite partial to vortex floor starts at the moment. (frontwrap the right diabolo then short vortex).

I quite like floor starts. I think that they go down well with people watching.

Alex

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 03:37:01 AM »
This is a nasty start. (if its the one I am thinking of). you lift the right hand diabolo over to the left then bounce it over to the right to start the shuffle (i think it's in diabology, it's in one of Donald grants books, I can never do it. (unless you mean just hopping the left one over the right one into the shuffle which I haven't even tried)

Yes, it's quite difficult.  However, I think it's the fastest 2d start, so it's nice for practice.

The key is keeping everything pefectly in line.  Anything slightly out of line will ruin it immediately.  Also, after you pop the right diabolo over the left, I find it easier to sort of throw the right diabolo under the left one, rather than pop the left one over.  And, of course, you need to backwrap right away to speed it up.  If your sticks stay in line with the diabolos, they shouldn't fall off before you have time to speed them up.

I don't know if this possibly with wide-axles.  The balance would be absolutely horrible.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 03:46:43 AM »
on the topic of the quick 2 diabolo floor start, if you pop the right diabolo to the left, and immediately wrap the other one, you can go immediately into speedups, and it's pretty easy (granted, of course, you can do constant speedups :D )
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

seán_

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 04:03:23 AM »
(Alex) I'll stick with the version where you pop it up to a bw. :) You are right about the wide axles, my plain henrys behave a lot better for these kinds of things.

Having said that the floor start I use the most is the quick launch. I learnt it from the 2d starts on diabolotricks.com but instead of all those complicated wraps I just front wrap the left diabolo, place it to the right of the one on the ground and go from there.

(Sharpes) when setting the two diabolos on the floor its an easy job to put a BW on the right hand one and lift it up into continuous speedwraps or hovers (I move both hands when I hover so both diabolos get some speed) I just prefer to get the wrap on early before I manage to mess everything up :)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
I can´t downdload it, apears a message asking for a name and password.  :(  why?
Rooted diabolist.

vch

1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 09:16:48 AM »
Because www.satori.cz is blocked just now  :?  You can download it in April....

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 12:48:32 PM »
thanks vch, I´m downloading in 1º April  :twisted:
Rooted diabolist.

qwertycoder

Re: 1 & 2 diabolo starts
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 07:26:44 PM »
so yeah, links dead anyone got a copy or a list of the different ways to start?

thanks. :-D

Wigg wigg

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
same propblem, wont open :'(
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
It is over 5 years old, so I wouldn't expect anything else. If someone has a copy then perhaps they can send you a link. Otherwise there's not a lot that can be done.

I can't remember the video, but I'll bet you might be surprised how far the diabolo world has come since then.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »
Yes its quite an old video so most of them will seem pretty basic these days, but there are a few forgotten ideas in there and some nice variations.

Here is a temporary link (right click, save as please)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Wis

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 04:02:40 PM »
thanks!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal