Author Topic: Smart comebacks to silly people.  (Read 16647 times)

Niark

Smart comebacks to silly people.
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:40:05 AM »
What do you say when someone sees you diaboloing and then say "My brother/cousin/friend is better than you! You ain't nothing compared to him, you s**k!"  ?
I usually say: "So, it's your friend, not YOU?"
                   "Yeah"
                   "Then YOU ain't nothing compared to me!"
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeu!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Smart comebacks to silly people.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »
That's the one thing that goes away when you get more age. I've already forgot
that people ever said anything like that. It has been so long since last time.

Seriously i don't know why people just have to me arrogant idiots and try to
gain don't know what by saying that kind of stuff. It's always some dude that's
better than you. But it doesn't matter, you're the one doing diabolo now in that
place.

"Cool, could you bring your brother here to do diabolo?" (This way it's a challenge to the heckler,
and if he brings him there and he is actually better than you. You'll get new tips & tricks...)

Don't worry about it. Some people just have to try say stupid stuff and get more social
status with that nonsense. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Squiggle

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:37:43 AM »
I rarely get much crap for diaboloing, Ussually people just thinking it's cool etc.

I do get crap while diaboloing, But that's just about my hair. ;P

Best come back to any insult - "NO U"

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
I do get crap while diaboloing, But that's just about my hair. ;P

Mainly from me.
Just scare them away with suicides.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
Mainly from me.

Or just give them the finger, And listen to the audience "Kek"

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
What do you say when someone sees you diaboloing and then say "My brother/cousin/friend is better than you! You ain't nothing compared to him, you s**k!"  ?

heh, thats easy: "who is your brother/cousin/friend then?" - in finland there is not that much diabolists.. if im nothing compared to somebody 1) i know him 2) if i dont know him i REALLY like to meet him/her.

Kusti

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:10:30 PM »
2) if i dont know him i REALLY like to meet him/her.
Especially if its a she. Are there any performing female diaboloists in Finland?

Niark

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
That's the one thing that goes away when you get more age. I've already forgot
that people ever said anything like that. It has been so long since last time.

The problem is, I am 13, not this aged =)
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeu!

Richie

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »

Best come back to any insult - "NO U"

awesome

if they say to me "i'm better than you" or something similar i tend to give them a diabolo and tell them "do it faggot! prove it"
turns out he could diabolo but the extent of his tricks consisted of 7 varieties of a cats cradle
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »
no need for abuse. the "no you are" technique always works perfectly especially if its a response to "can you do this trick?" confusion is your friend.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »
i can't remember what i did back in the day. i think i just got more and more people into diabolo in my town by carrying a spare set with me...
nothing can be worse than what i did to that child in brighton. hint: don't get angry, its never good.

marcdblo

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 11:50:13 PM »
Hand em the sticks -no need to put people down let them do that them self

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 04:12:15 AM »
:D nar, just string whip em! leaving a nice red mark :D
I like marcdblo's idea, lower their self-esteem, it's the best comeback!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »
"I AM your brother/sister/brother/mother/cousin/dog"
"Thats cos your brother/sister/brother/mother/cousin/dog is homosexual" (doesnt really defend you, but can make them angry and take the topic away from diaboloing)
"Hey.....Ya Mum!"
But as other people have already said, the slap accross their face with your stick would be the most effective. Maybe you could do a suicide and rebound your stick off their face?
Say Whaaaat?

Niark

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
But as other people have already said, the slap accross their face with your stick would be the most effective. Maybe you could do a suicide and rebound your stick off their face?

A inverse slap suicide. Yep, that's the best idea! It would be like: tof! "Owwww.. You basta..." tof! "Ahhh!"
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeu!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »
Especially if its a she. Are there any performing female diaboloists in Finland?

Kusti, now that you mention it. There might be one or two. They are not performing
a lot. But i've heard about one or two peformances by girls in Finland. Even on a
some bands musicvideo... :) There's still hope.

But back on the topic. Yea, it might be a problem for you. People on their preteens and
teens tend to be pretty harsh on judging other people. They just somehow are little narrow
minded. I thought about the problem for a while. Actually some 9-13 saw me juggling on the
street and started to comment that his brother is better. And well, i actually like challenges
so i did gradually better tricks for him.

He was going, "He can do that. Also that...That too... erm that.... oouua... Yes.....erm....
erm..." Until his jaw dropped down. Apparently he thought his brother as one of a worlds best
diaboloers. Which might not have been the case. So one way to get them back is to be
good, or at least better than most of people.

For that being quite hard sometimes, you'll just have to hang on there. Practice and
don't get annoyed by those people. They'll probably end up having bad life in Mc Donald's
(not saying that serving hamburgers is bad, but serving hamburgers and to have bad life
at the same time, kind of sucks).

I would probably use that, "so who is your brother then?" line. And also do some ground work.
It helps a lot if you know many diabolo jugglers... and the dude isn't any of them.

«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Niark

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »
When you are performing, kids & adults are always nice and praise you. Teens always try to get you down, they always try to offend you... Why does it happens? Why do they need to say you're no good, etc???
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeu!

luabduch

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
I think the same of you...
I have 15 years old...
it's really that kids and adults like the diabolo very much more...

but some teens enjoy it a lot too...

some of they reallt try to get me down when I'm playing or try to offend me too...
but....relax... It's just jealous (sorry if it's not correct... I have no sure...) because they can't do anything with a diabolo..

I prefer to pay attention and remember the compliments I receive...

Aaron Z

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 01:30:02 AM »
I think we have had far enough of these threads concerning 'nasty people' and 'hurt feelings'.

Of course a variety of people are not going to appreciate the skills of diaboloists, and some will express that more rudely.
The solution to any case rarely changes, just acknowledge it's pointless to try and change their opinion, and let them walk off.

I don't remember when what other people thought of your hobby mattered so much, you do it for your entertainment primarily- not theirs.

SuperSlackSambo

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 01:46:49 AM »
Quote from: Aaron - 'Squiddo' - Z
I don't remember when what other people thought of your hobby mattered so much, you do it for your entertainment primarily- not theirs.

True...Diabolo isnt about caring what people think of you. Just diabolo for the laughs and enjoyment!

SSS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal