Author Topic: Smart comebacks to silly people.  (Read 16005 times)

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Smart comebacks to silly people.
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 07:57:23 AM »
Depends on the teen, your generalising that all teens are nasty, which they aren't.
Maybe some are they're jealous or trying to be cool/get attention by putting others down. Iv'e never had teens put me down for juggling, only get excited and want a go. Embarrass them in front of their friends, does the trick :D

JimmyCords.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:47 AM »
Mmm yea, teens (not all but some) put people down because they are jealous of your talent. Also if there is a group they will do it to try and look cool in front of the group.
Say Whaaaat?

Luc

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 01:39:28 PM »
Mean teens? Not in my experience. I've often found diabolo to be good at bridging the generation gap. I've had many a conversation with young people who would, were it not for my gyroscopic juggling antics, have simply walked on by. Those conversations have always been a positive experience and I like to think that my attitude towards them has an impact on that.

On a similar note:

Diabolo isnt about caring what people think of you. Just diabolo for the laughs and enjoyment!

I couldn't disagree more.

I could try... But I would fail.
Maybe I'll write about that in more detail one day (But I promise not to mention that you left the apostrophe out of "isn't").
monkey see... monkey do.

Niark

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
I think we have had far enough of these threads concerning 'nasty people' and 'hurt feelings'.

The only thing I do all these topics on a same subject, is because there's lot of prejudice where I live. I'm always being offended by someone, some people go away when see me doing diabolo or try to walk as far as possible, some of my friends make fun of me, some say "Stop spending your time on useless things and try doing better at (you choose: school - sports - etc..)", even in my school the doorman always come and say "Stop, stop, stop begging or I will confiscate this strange cup-like toy!!", because in other countries diabolo is something everybody know what it is, but nobody know it here!! Once I was passing by a church, some guy asked me "What are these marks in your arm" I said "Well, it's 'cause of a hobby I have, diabolo.. " he was like "HEREGE!!!!!!!"....... I'm really having some problems.... And if you thing that's enough topics, ok, don't read them, but a forum is where you post you opinions, so I say what I think I have to say!!!!!
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeu!

SuperSlackSambo

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »
Maybe Ill write about that in more detail one day.

cud u make dat day 2day plz

luabduch

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »
hey Niark... just relax...
don't spent your time and attention with this kind of person...
just keep juggling!!!

Kusti

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 08:30:58 PM »
You should use your previous the topics you started previously to ask these questions. I'm sure there are many existing threads on the subject. Use them, please.

Try to look intimidating, grow a couple of feet in length and gain 50 pounds. Shave your head and add some freaky tattoos. This'll probably take a couple of years, but after that no one will bother your diaboloing anymore.

And don't take everything so seriously :) You'll learn in a few years that just chilling is the way to go.

Kusti

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »
Actually some 9-13 saw me juggling on the
street and started to comment that his brother is better.
Boys in that age tend to have someone they admire and try to mimic. Big bro's a typical example of this. I remember my relationship with my brother a few years back. I just hope I didn't cause him too much trouble by bragging to kids 2 years older than him : :-X.

And Marko, diaboloing is a growing sport, or should I say form of entertainment in Finland. I'm 100% sure that we'll see some members of the opposite sex on stage doing something spectacular some day. We'll just have to wait and lure new people in. :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »
I've merged the 2 threads.

DiaboloBRODiggy

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
I'm 100% sure that we'll see some members of the opposite sex on stage doing something spectacular some day.
I couldn't agree with you more on that one, while guys tend to do it more, there are some skilled girl diabolists that go to our school in NE.
Marine Sniper:
Run all you want, you will just die tired.

Midoryu

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 04:40:04 AM »
Ouch...I've had a similar event happen to me...Again, diaboloing on the lawn in front of my condo, some asshoes (I know this because of their reputation in school) who live in my condo walk on by and one of them says really loudly "I've seen that thing a hundred times and I still hate it."  Can't do anything about his opinion, but when you think about it, it seems as if he's impressed but not showing it, which really gets on my nerves.  And I beat the hell out of him.  Well, I didn't actually do that... ;D I just silently practiced on and on.  But yeah...what would be a good thing to do/say in this situation?
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »
The best thing to do would be nothing. Or just laugh at him for no particular reason.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
Wait for him to walk past, then throw some rocks at him and run away.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
A good ol flashing should sort them out. :D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »
I love how all the Australians come up with such good suggestions.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
'You laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same.'

I got it from someone on this forum thought.. But its quite a good one :D

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
"I've seen that thing a hundred times and I still hate it." 

What about:

"I have seen you hundred times and i still hate you"

"Maybe I'm not trying to impress you but your girlfriend"

"Get a job" (classic)

Or then you should just be silent and continue your diaboloing unharmed :)

Conor

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »
'shut up you cant even read' is always a gd 1

alternatively a knot trick which involves your middle finger is nice. (garners got some nice ones)

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
alternatively a knot trick which involves your middle finger is nice. (garners got some nice ones)
Any examples? I want to see it.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 05:23:30 AM »
Bury him alive? You'll never hear from him again.
Silly, silly thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal