Author Topic: Phoenix Diabolo: New Diabolo from Duncan Yo-yos  (Read 50729 times)

Olive

Re: Phoenix Diabolo: New Diabolo from Duncan Yo-yos
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 03:27:10 PM »
still no pic of the axle. :-[

Say please  ;)

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »
don't tease me women! I demand a pic via pm, everybody else loves the suspense.

jazz-man3

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
im willing to buy this now give me the 360 degress pic please  :D :)

jazz-man3

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »
will it be as resonsive as the duncan yoyo lol  :P

kizzyontay52

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16:28 PM »

MOD IT.

every one of the 20 or so FHZ's i own (made by duncan) are modded apart from a few collectables i keep stock! NONE are tug responsive.
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

kyo

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 05:11:22 AM »
take take take.. now you guys want actual pictures of the product? bah! You're just supposed to blindly buy it based on an image taken on an iphone and a breif description :)

I'll see what I can do about getting more images out there, but that's not my part of it :)

Kyle

ETAMark

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
Quick question: How loud are the prototype bearings? I've heard some old Spinabolos that sounded like an actual rachet. Just curious.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
Well production Sundia Fly bearings when properly lubricated and tightened it sounds pleasant just a light hum of sorts so I would assume kyle would use a clutch bearing of similar or greater quality
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

thetemple94

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »
MOD IT.
every one of the 20 or so FHZ's i own (made by duncan) are modded apart from a few collectables i keep stock! NONE are tug responsive.
Cleaned bearing, one duncan sticker worn out, one not does the job. It's tug responsive but I can do pretty much every thing I know on it. Maybe because I'm insanely smooth but whatever.
Diabolos aren't responsive you silly, do you see people putting friction stickers on their finesses? Do you assume that Duncan, being a manufacturer of yo-yos, will do that to diabolos so they roll up the string? *Nods head in agreement* Really good idea!

Temps

P.S. Sorry for being so critical but it really annoys me when people make cross comparisons between diabolo and yo-yo, and vice-versa, especially since the two are so radically different in terms of fundamental concepts. Temple Out
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »
Cleaned bearing, one duncan sticker worn out, one not does the job. It's tug responsive but I can do pretty much every thing I know on it. Maybe because I'm insanely smooth but whatever. Diabolos aren't responsive you silly, do you see people putting friction stickers on their finesses? Do you assume that Duncan, being a manufacturer of yo-yos, will do that to diabolos so they roll up the string? *Nods head in agreement* Really good idea!

Temps

P.S. Sorry for being so critical but it really annoys me when people make cross comparisons between diabolo and yo-yo, and vice-versa, especially since the two are so radically different in terms of fundamental concepts. Temple Out

P.P.S. it's a joke ;)

ETAMark

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 01:51:48 AM »
if it's quiet, I'll buy it. the Spinabolo in question was my second diabolo and it turned me off of bearings; with the option, who can refuse?

kyo

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2008, 05:58:52 AM »
No bearing is completely silent.. no one-way bearing anyway.. but the ones thus far have been MUCH better than the spinabolo ridiculousness.. more in line with the sundias.

Kyle

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
Found a cool video of on of those cool "thingys" that stick out I would want to see on a diabolo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGfdqFnIHmc&feature=related

If you could fit one of those on stock or as an accessory it would probably be very fun to play around with.

Kingsid3

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
Nice! Looks like a YYF G5 to me, they would be cool on a diab. LZ was making some i thought?

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »
Lol still somehow I think its cheating those diabolo's but thats just me :P Don't blame me on that opionion I know alot of you won't agree it but I just hate such diabolo's because it makes things to easy.

But feeel free to love them though =)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
Lol still somehow I think its cheating those diabolo's but thats just me :P Don't blame me on that opionion I know alot of you won't agree it but I just hate such diabolo's because it makes things to easy.

But feeel free to love them though =)

That's like saying using stem cells is cheating on curing stuff (no offense intended to anyone). Might as well try and experiment before we rule it out as junk.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
I do have one =) else it would not be fair to say that.

kizzyontay52

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
Nice! Looks like a YYF G5 to me, they would be cool on a diab. LZ was making some i thought?

oh, come on simon! g5+!!!!

I actually began work on a stack kit for the g3 before i realised that langerz had allready made some. As long as its ok with him, once my lathe gets here ill be pumping them out, with top tips (that video) and something like inverted top tips.. imagin that. get into a decent vartax, and just balance the diabolo on the end of your stick sideways, so it will stay there for minutes, still spinning!!! get me?
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »
oh, come on simon! g5+!!!!

I actually began work on a stack kit for the g3 before i realised that langerz had allready made some. As long as its ok with him, once my lathe gets here ill be pumping them out, with top tips (that video) and something like inverted top tips.. imagin that. get into a decent vartax, and just balance the diabolo on the end of your stick sideways, so it will stay there for minutes, still spinning!!! get me?

Yeah he said he was working on something like that too the concave insert so that ufo's were much nicer

Kingsid3

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »
Those sound awsome Kiz. But come on, i did think the anno look different but i couldn't see the inside of cup of the yoyo(right word?) but fair play. Whats the difference anyway? IF your commin to src bring a g3 and your proto-type if you have one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal