Author Topic: Phoenix Diabolo: New Diabolo from Duncan Yo-yos  (Read 53919 times)

kizzyontay52

Re: Phoenix Diabolo: New Diabolo from Duncan Yo-yos
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2008, 04:47:50 PM »
Those sound awsome Kiz. But come on, i did think the anno look different but i couldn't see the inside of cup of the yoyo(right word?) but fair play. Whats the difference anyway? IF your commin to src bring a g3 and your proto-type if you have one.

will do. And the profile is much wider, rims less angular.
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

kyo

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 03:40:15 AM »
http://shop.plaza.rakuten.co.jp/yo-yo/diary/listDaily/20081107/

The first shots I've seen go up of the new diabolo.

Should start to see them in the next few weeks.

Kyle

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 03:54:31 AM »
Interesting to see the shape of the cups. Much more triangular and less spherical.

So who's on the packaging?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 04:02:44 AM »
I actually began work on a stack kit for the g3 before i realised that langerz had allready made some. As long as its ok with him, once my lathe gets here ill be pumping them out, with top tips (that video) and something like inverted top tips.. imagin that. get into a decent vartax, and just balance the diabolo on the end of your stick sideways, so it will stay there for minutes, still spinning!!! get me?

That sounds so awesome, I´d be happy to test prototypes like that for you anyday ;).

http://shop.plaza.rakuten.co.jp/yo-yo/diary/listDaily/20081107/

The first shots I've seen go up of the new diabolo.

Should start to see them in the next few weeks.

Kyle

They look weird for some reason, no different colors so you can tell which way the diabolo should face in bearingmode (would you need to buy a separate cup just for that?) and such an emphazised rim. Whatever, the important thing is how they feel ofcourse. The logo looks cool.

kyo

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 04:37:23 AM »
Takeshi Kamisato is the guy on the packaging, a member of the 'Duncan Crew USA'.. all around amazing guy, and a good diabolo player too.

There is an arrow molded into one of the hubs to tell you which direction the diabolo goes in bearing mode.. though admittedly it isn't a great indicator.. I suggest coloring it in with a red sharpie or something so it's easier to see.. or just picking up the diabolo and figuring it out in about 2 seconds.

The stock colors will be either white, or red. Light kits coming I believe early next year.

And yes, they are different. That's kinda the point isn't it? I'm personally kinda tired of buying the same diabolo over and over.. I guess it'd be ok if they were perfect, but they aren't.. so this is something new, and something I'm sure many people will love.

Kyle

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008, 05:17:48 AM »
And yes, they are different. That's kinda the point isn't it? I'm personally kinda tired of buying the same diabolo over and over.. I guess it'd be ok if they were perfect, but they aren't.. so this is something new, and something I'm sure many people will love.

Actually the fact that they look (in my own words here) "weird" is what makes them interesting. It has been discussed on the forum before about thick rims for better stability etc. Yoyoers know this so this is maybe a better stability diabolo than many others. The shape looks like it would take some getting used to but without even having tried them who knows.

Still want to see a tip-set badly ;).

fzzyrn

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:44 AM »
I'd test for you! I live in the US too (one of few diabolo-ists)
The triangular profile'd cups may have some difficulty entering vertax (the string has to rub against something right?). A heavily rim weighted design is the right idea (think finesse g3, but more radical), though.

This is a 5in diameter, right?

kyo

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
I've had absolutely no problem getting into or out of vertax with these.. the only 'getting use to' I experienced was corrections in 2d.. but I adjusted to it in about 10 minutes or so.

And yea, it's a ~5" diabolo.. it's the same diameter as the finesse I believe

Kyle

kizzyontay52

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:16 PM »
I've had absolutely no problem getting into or out of vertax with these.. the only 'getting use to' I experienced was corrections in 2d.. but I adjusted to it in about 10 minutes or so.

And yea, it's a ~5" diabolo.. it's the same diameter as the finesse I believe

Kyle

sounds...

PERFECT.

whats the axel width? BIIIIIGG??
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

fzzyrn

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »
cool! 5 in, vertax easy. I would think the 2d corrections will take some time. When can i get one?

have you tried satin-ing it? Arm grinds were a part of the collab this year.

kyo

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2008, 12:31:15 AM »
The axle is rather wide, yes..

These should be available in the next couple weeks I believe, check your favorite juggling store to make sure they are getting them (I'll post here when I know a release date for sure)

And no, I haven't tried doing any sort of satin.. though I've beat the living **** out of a few of them, which is sorta the same I guess ;)

Kyle

stupendous

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 03:15:08 AM »
The proto I threw in October was great!  I can't wait to get my hands on these!!

-stu
Spintatsics Diabolo Team

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »
PLEASE tell me they'll be out before Christmas?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
I was talking with Don Higgins (of Higgins Brothers). The distributor told him it would be Dec. 10 at the earliest. 

kyo

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 06:42:34 PM »
I just got a note from a retailer saying they were told they were shipping.. I imagine early dec. is the best bet with thanksgiving and such going on here in the US.

Kyle

fzzyrn

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
which retailer? i gotta get a couple.

flep

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
will they be available in Europe too?
I'm just wondering because I've never heard of Duncan (I don't know anything about yoyo ;))
hell yeah!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
I'm going to guess... YES, just maybe not at exactly the same time depending how their distribution network is set up. They invented the parking meter! I think they can get a diabolo to Europe.

kyo

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2008, 05:07:35 AM »
They will be available worldwide to any retailer who wants to carry them. Duncan has a huge distribution network as they are one of the largest yoyo/toy companies out there (in business since 1929).. and I know they have been getting lots of new stores interested with the release of the diabolo.

So if you have a favorite store, make sure they've placed their order.

Kyle

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »
I think they can get a diabolo to Europe.
but what about aus? :P

Any idea how much these will be?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal