Author Topic: america's got talent--who's done it before?  (Read 13612 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: america's got talent--who's done it before?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 10:45:01 PM »
I'd like you to PM me and tell me what those things you didn't say are.

Me too!

I will withdraw that statement about PM:ing now. I sent you two guys PM:s but I still feel really uncomfortable even thinking about it (more so writing) so that´s where it´ll stop. Believe me people, it´s really nothing pleasant that you´d like to know anyway (far better off not knowing in fact). I am not saying all the people involved in these shows in the rest of the world or wherever were sick, just some of them I had the "non-pleasure" of meeting.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 01:53:36 AM »
hmmm show business is eviler than i thought >:(
looks like im gonna have to come up w/ some disses if they make fun of diaboloists

...and r u guys talking about the America's got talent or Britian's / Australia's got talent
b.c there are a lotta good diaboloists in britian and australia and barely any ones in the US

edit:has anyone also done loop diabolo / long stick / vertax...how did that go?
Supplier of Chinese yoyos

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »
there are a lotta good diaboloists in britian and australia
How very wrong you are.  :'(
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »
and r u guys talking about the America's got talent or Britian's / Australia's got talent
b.c there are a lotta good diaboloists in britian and australia and barely any ones in the US

Norbi was talking about the British. I was talking about the Swedish equivalent. I think you are wrong, there must be a lot of good diabolists in USA (it´s so big). Aren´t the judges the same people in both Britain and USA? If so, you already know what Norbi thought of them.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 01:41:44 PM »
Nah, We have the sharpes, draco dragon, matt hall, diabolobro, etc.
The rest are just people we meet at conventions and stuff.
We might have a fair amount, but the US is so wide, and most don't really make their presence known so its hard to find other good people.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
Yeah, we may have a lot of diaboloist but the country is so large we are spread out =O
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

DiaboloFeeling

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »
Hi all, diabolo feeling went to the spain's got talent version... It's a crap, we havent passed the second semi-final... juggler that came to the program, anyone passed the second semifinal...

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyEJjmdt1M

Let's cut the swearing down
Its so hard doing love on a diabolo...on a diabolo...

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »
Too bad, it seemed like you did a nice performance :(
Always a pleasure to see a video from you guys anyway, it's been a while

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
Still, I think the sharpes might do well since their passing is so coordinated.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
Still, I think the sharpes might do well since their passing is so coordinated.

But that's if they get far enough into their act to show that. My routine is tightly choreographed to the music...but i managed to get the diabolo sped up and got half a trick out before i was stopped.
The unfortunate point is that they have made up their mind about you before you've even stepped out there, simply down to what you do.
You could be the world's greatest, but solely based on the fact you juggle, you will fail.
Especially as in the American one you guys have the Hoff, who openly admits he hates jugglers.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »
The thing is, its the same with all reality tv shows. Its all about the rating, nothing to do with who's got talent
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »
I've heard awful, awful things about how they treat jugglers on the show
Yeah, the hoff hates jugglers. The passing zone did pretty well though. I think I saw someone doing 2d in one hand on a prieview for it somewhere
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »
But that's if they get far enough into their act to show that. My routine is tightly choreographed to the music...but i managed to get the diabolo sped up and got half a trick out before i was stopped.
The unfortunate point is that they have made up their mind about you before you've even stepped out there, simply down to what you do.
You could be the world's greatest, but solely based on the fact you juggle, you will fail.
Especially as in the American one you guys have the Hoff, who openly admits he hates jugglers.

Should I bring out my unicycle / flips then?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »
If you can do a few cool flips easily, it would be a good idea to do them almost straight away. The audience will love it, and the judges might be impressed too...

CheshireBeagle

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 06:51:22 AM »
People can do front/back flips on unicycles? :o
(off to youtube) -CheshireBeagle
Signature YAY!

Squiggle

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
I know a yoyoist who got into Australias got talent. Not sure how he went.
Heh, Gatto got rejected :D

He got into the semi's so far ;)

I didn't know how well a yoyo act would go, but it's nice to know it's going well :D   I'm still waiting to see it on tv/then net

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »
People can do front/back flips on unicycles? :o
(off to youtube) -CheshireBeagle

lol no no... I meant i might do some flips, and diabolo on a unicycle but im not good enough 4 uni flips  :'(lol

I think theres one guy who has done one, but there are several who can do flips off unis :o

Midoryu

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »
he got beaten by the obligatory cute singing child as i remember
- Mark BMC
Lol...sounds like Connie...
Well, seeing as how two of our brethren have fallen to the wickedness of show biz, my naive nature has been banished into a corner of depression and I have seen the light of truth for the "Got Talent" shows.

Just kidding.  I personally think, chineseyoyoworld, that if you follow Norbi and Diabolo88's advice, you'd do well to either give it your all or not try at all.  It's the question of if you will regret doing it or not doing it in the end that counts.
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

spinnin pig

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 09:42:21 PM »
i was just watching britains got more talent and on one of the little cutscenes there was someone who did an elevator then said "now thats more talent"
who was it
was using a white finesse had brown spiky hair
was it you norbi
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release
sprinkler/sprinkler suicide

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »
Sorry for digging this topic up again but...first of all, did you try it and if you did, how did it go? I mean that´s the reason why you started the thread right? so obviously it would be nice to know.

Also, I am going to post the positive side from this now as well...I´ve gotten lots and lots of calls for jobs for the summer lately. Really good pay offered and nothing like the show (free hands for the act if that´s what you call it in english). The TV-show in itself I haven´t changed my opinion on (it still blows >:() but if you want free pr and such it might be good anyway. It could be a "gateway" to performances.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal