Author Topic: Summer Diabolo  (Read 10464 times)

fzzyrn

Re: Summer Diabolo
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 04:08:20 AM »
there indeed a trick called "columns"
its a ball juggling trick
look at it and you will see very clearly why they are called mini-columns

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »
Each diabolo goes up and down without crossing, the paths of each diabolo are columns like in this picture.
http://www.fnokd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/columns.jpg

Columns vs. mini columns, there's a diabolo trick called columns. It's essentially mini columns in high diabolo.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
tbh, i dont rly know what bored me, i mean, its obvious you have skill at learning tricks, but theres just nt enough...style perhaps? locations? im not sure, il get back to you when i can be arsed to wach the video again.

oh, and i did mute it and i 'blasted' lamb.

right, now iv had time (5 mins) i think iv come up with it. The beginning was pretty much an exact copy of wes pedens 'peden tricks sweden' video opening, just not as well done. You have the tricks, but they are not clean and solid (as i know the could blatantly be from you, you have the ability, so dont be happy with shoddy workmanship) you still managed to put around a bit of spinning in verax to speed the diabolo up (really messy in my opinion). There was no 2d apart from high, and it seems to me you want to be an all round diaboloist, rather than a number juggler so perhaps work on that. Constructive?
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

logoman04

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »
I FILMED THE 3D MINI COLUMNS AT 2:54!!!!!!!!
I WAS THERE
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
Thats more impressive than the trick itself!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »

Constructive?
Yes 10x better, thank you
I FILMED THE 3D MINI COLUMNS AT 2:54!!!!!!!!
I WAS THERE
I think the tripod filmed it while you were working on 2d, but you were there.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
A great improvement, not perfect by any means but a lot, lot better. Aside from a few sloppy tricks the only other bad thing seemed to be the quality of the video but I'll blame youtube for that :P

Overall I enjoyed it a lot more than your other videos so congrats.

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
if you actually read my sentences in context they make sence. I dont know how you guys do it in america...

yes, dropping is messy, but its a video, you have plenty of opertunities to re-film and perfect tricks, remember that.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
To be fair, it's expecting a lot to capture a btb vertax duicide catch super clean on camera (had he included tricks solely based on them being perfect we wouldn't have seen it which is no good considering how difficult the trick is).  This obviously shouldn't be consistent throught the entirety of the video, which it wasn't so kudos.

A fine effort Al, your presentation has come on leaps and bounds since previous efforts.  The only thing I'd consider is coming up with more imaginative titles for you videos.  Nothing major but maybe something to consider.  Ignore comments regarding music, at the end of the day someone won't like what you pick, and that goes for any video.  I thought what you chose suited the pace of the video so in my opinion it worked.

Keep the same length, same variation of numbers and you're on to a winner.   

Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:10 AM »
Great video, I liked it. Music was alright. I liked the diversity of your tricks. It wasn't just an intergral/vertax/3d movie, glad to see you mixed it up. Loved the vertax duicide. All in all, fully sick.
Say Whaaaat?

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »
I think it is good that you really try to do something with the critism. It was an enjoyable watch. I didn't understand the trick that started at ~0:33 though, it was sloppy and you even hit the tree :-\. Ah well, maybe it's a bit whiny. Props for another better-then-the-previous-one-video!
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Thoùm

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 06:12:21 PM »
I've never seen someone throwing his balls after a 7531...
You have some awesome tricks, but also obviously a really dirty style... Why did you keep in your montage the sequence where your stick hits the trees behind ?

This record looks like if you would just want to show us that you can do some difficult tricks... Just difficult. So let me just say that : you have a huge level. Seeing your video, this is the only thing you may need to read.

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
dude, i like this vied so much more than your previous ones.
in general much cleaner but still the odd messy bit-but overall great

janion
Sideways is rubbish

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »
Thanks to all comments I will try to use them for my next video.

-Al

juzooboy

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »
very nice video. i like to 3d feed the suns  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal