Author Topic: An interesting act  (Read 3123 times)

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
An interesting act
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
I keep on falling on surprising videos on youtube recently  :P

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G8BWlS_upVc&NR=1

Never heard of him, it's a nice act, particularly the end.

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: An interesting act
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
Reminded me of Barnesy at the end actually - seemed like something he would think up (now to get him to try it ;)). It's a great idea though.

I quite enjoyed that - the violin is my favorite instrument as well, so that was a bonus.

-Duncan

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
That was a nice act. Nice clean tricks that I like. And the attractive looking live musician is totally a plus ;)  The end was sure impressive, I got to work on my two in one hand. That guy looks familiar, I think I've seen a picture of him, doing 4 diabs like that. I just cannot remember where.

Ethan

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
very interesting act. some very well done tricks near the end with excelent controll. 2D in both hands was sick! i tried 2D rocket start into one hand and it ended up smacking me in the face :-\
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »
Ah cool!  Like Tommi, I'd only seen a picture of this guy before.  Thanks for posting the link.  I think Luke B pointed him out to me one time after I was playing with the 2 in each hand thing Duncan correctly identified as my bag.   My one handed rocket start is pretty good, but I've never had 2 in each hand very reliable from a self start.  If I remember correctly, there was some footage of Ryo Yabe doing it unsurprisingly well at a WJF fest (maybe the first one).

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
If I remember correctly, there was some footage of Ryo Yabe doing it unsurprisingly well at a WJF fest (maybe the first one).

You remember correctly indeed.

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=252.0

Hopefully the links still work.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 07:08:51 PM »
I liked it. Simple but still interesting and entertaining
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 08:03:07 PM »
Wow, I never thought about what it would look like putting the 2 sets of diabolos in front of each other like that. Lots of visually interesting possibilities.

Classy performance too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal