Author Topic: 3d Vortex BJC  (Read 3780 times)

ztt

• VotW Contributor
3d Vortex BJC
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »
hey, this is the only video i got sent from the bjc, so i thought that i would share it. sorry that it is low quality and shot at a weird angle but you can still tell what is going on i think, hope u like it, also if anyone has it on tape, (Duncan, Nev) feel free to put it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRdlC3l2-8

a better angle :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-2IM_vlLfU

Thanks Zack (first video uploaded in nearly a year!)

edit: forgot to say thankyou to ducan for letting me use his suns, there the only diabolo that seems to work..
zack turner

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3d Vortex BJC
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 02:32:55 AM »
Nice...  More Zack more! you know you want too =)

Josh

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »
Very clean. Nice trick there.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

nezzybaby

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
very impressive trick, always seemed impossible to me. I had an idea that the 3d vortex would be done in a more complez way... so heres your challenge for the next few months zack:

stall one diabolo
get the other two in a sprinkler
use the vortex to unwrap the sprinkler

congratulations on all the hard work, great to see more from you :)

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
that vid just doesn't show how good it really was. much appreciated Zack it was a pleasure to watch.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »
That looked incredibly clean when compared with the VOTW submission. Congrats.
Behind your back is your front.

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »
thanks for comments every one, i just uploaded a vid of it that ducan send me, that is much easier to see what is going on.

stall one diabolo
get the other two in a sprinkler
use the vortex to unwrap the sprinkler

i will give it ago but i am not 100% sure what you mean

zack turner

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
Do it again !  ;D
Very impressive

nezzybaby

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »
thanks for comments every one, i just uploaded a vid of it that ducan send me, that is much easier to see what is going on.

i will give it ago but i am not 100% sure what you mean

er yeah just realised that wouldn't work at all, will have a rethink.

Beni

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »
No nezzy it would work. There are a few possibilities:

1) Left hand stalls one. Other two put into a RHFW sprinkler. Stalled diabolo undoes sprinkler, centre of rotation being around the sprinkler. This would be extremely hard as the sprinkler is going the opposite way from the vortex.
2) Same as 1 but with an antisprinkler. i think this would be slightly more doable.
3) RH stalls one. Other two sprinklered (LHFW). Stalled diabolo either steals the knot (CW motion with sprinkler as centre of rotation with a 'short return') or undoes the sprinkler and lands in a RH armstall (same but with a 'long return'). This isn't strictly vortex but it would probably be easier.

The problem is that these are all good (and extremely hard) but they are not *strictly* vortices. A vortex is a device for changing the direction of the diabolos, which is what Zack's does (can also be considered as a 3rd base AC fan). The only way to exactly emulate this motion which is different to Zack's would be to...

4) String control the diabolos into an antishuffle (this would mean bouncing 1 or 2 back over, like in that video) and at the same time do number 2). This would mean effectively string controlling two diabolos into an antisprinkler and undoing it with the third diabolo (ACW motion with the antisprinkler as centre of rotation) in one motion. Very hard technically, but theoretically possible.

Anyway, enough with that; well done Zack that's awesome.

Beni

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal