Author Topic: Good uses for Bearing diabolos  (Read 3182 times)

Aaron Z

Good uses for Bearing diabolos
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:28:24 AM »
With the Sundia Fly making Bearing diabolos more popular, I think it would be useful to have a list of maneuvers and tricks that Bearing diabolos excel in, or make more difficult.

-Bearing diabolos are meant to make Vertax much, much easier in most tricks.

-They're meant to make 'opposite-wrap' tricks more difficult, like elevators.

-2D is supposed to be a bit more work, but- as Nev' proven, could also be quite rewarding.

That's all I got, what other tricks are made more easy/difficult?

Squiggle

Re: Good uses for Bearing diabolos
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:31 AM »
Don't think they were made with a purpose for not doing elevators ;)

Good for long combos - And learning new tricks/playing with ideas.  Because you don't have to get it sped up again every 20 seconds, And you can take a bit of time to see what position you are in and where you can go from there.

Aaron Z

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:45:34 AM »
Yeah, they're good for learning stick release combos (Integrals) and such because you can pause and figure out your next move without the diabolo spinning-out or tilting out of control.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
I would actually say they make integrals harder, or at least very different because of the lack or grip the string has on the axel when it's spinning around. Bearings are very good for a lot of 2D knot tricks and 2D in general, better than fixed IMO. You never need to accelerate bearings with 2D, a normal fan does the job very nicely :)
Behind your back is your front.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
alot of knot based stuff is 'often' easyer because you can get more wraps and have longer to create mounts and exits without a wrap up or loss of speed.

mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »
as i have said before they don't make vertax much easier. i don't like for vertax and perhaps they are only good for certain tricks in vertax. then again, maybe this is just because i am used to playing fixed and i haven't found the right technique for bearing yet.

they make normal infinite suicides harder, but unwrapped easier in my experience.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
They're also great for grinding and learning very basic tricks including getting it spinning.

Beni

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
Knot combos. Though I don't have a bearing, I've used one and boy are they nice for screw-ups. You can recover from slipknots and stuff :O.
They're also good for crazy stuff like getting it in vertax and putting it on a chair (then landing it :D I love the juggling club).
Also they are weapons of mass destruction if used by someone capable of speeding up but also with a tendency to drop, and especially when said person is playing with them in a room full of club jugglers/passers (*ahem* Tom Miller :-X) .

Beni

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »
They're also good for crazy stuff like getting it in vertax and putting it on a chair (then landing it :D I love the juggling club).
I don't get it. Do you sit on the spinning diabolo? :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal