Author Topic: Westwood Chinese Cultural Night - Diabolo  (Read 7024 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Westwood Chinese Cultural Night - Diabolo
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:49:12 PM »
The Westwood Juggling Club creators, Matthew and Joshua (me), were invited to perform at the second annual Westwood Chinese Cultural Night. We used "Che" by Jay Chou. I apologize for some of our "antics" shall we say being hard to see but I hope you enjoy it.  We choregraphed it without the music so we had to loop the music.  A couple careless mistakes but overall we feel it was pretty decent.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L3fxpORWOJ4

Over the weekend I editted a highlights video of the entire performance so here it is if you wanna take a look.  There's some pretty sick stuff in there so yea...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdt-bba-DFk

Josh

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Re: Westwood Chinese Cultural Night - Diabolo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »
Great performance, some good ideas

AkatsukiDiabolo

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:36:47 AM »
i liked it too. nice diabolo fight, i've always wanted to do one :D
and i think the audience was rather quiet even at the end :(
good job, keep it up

fzzyrn

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:37:33 AM »
nice performance
during 2d there was a little bit too much going on, though

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:11 AM »
Cool concept, awesome routine. The audience wasn't bad, just a little awestruck ;) All in all good job
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »
I liked the backsault vertax jump. But the rest wasn't much new. I would of personally went side on when passing 3
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:56 AM »
I liked it, a bit cleaner would be nice. (Aka no drops) But it was pretty good.

Aaron Z

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »
I was very entertained by the routine, the drops didn't really slow down the performance, and you persisted after the drops which is a good quality for performers.

I think it would be a good idea to analyse your own video, to see what areas need improvement. I think that you confused your audience by performing visual tricks that differed from the ones your partner was doing at the same time; the audience doesn't know who to watch.

When you're executing basic tricks, it's OK to do it while your partner does something else that's basic, but when you're doing advanced/special/visual tricks, it's a good idea to do it with your partner and in synch.

That's about it, also try to polish your trick synchronization.  :o   :D

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone.  We'll change it for the upcoming performance.  Also check out the highlights video I just added, it's good =)

Josh

Mithew

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 12:45:11 AM »
Overall, it was definitely our best performance.  Very fun to do even if the audience was kind of quiet.  Thanks for the suggestions, the synch is the biggest problem right now (maybe we should cut out the 2d synchronized part and replace it with some more one stuff at the beginning). 
              -Matthew
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Fromâge

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:23 AM »
Fun!....
The only problem I see are the synchro. parts.
Synchro is only entertaining, if its perfect.
but nice performance though.

@ Mithew: There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't. ...don't you mean 10 ?? ;)

Squiggle

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »

@ Mithew: There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't. ...don't you mean 10 ?? ;)

Yep..Unless for some reason he ment 3 type of people O.o

The audience seemed alright to me (I wasn't there so I can't tell) But they clapped a bit :P Better then a full audience with a -.- look on their face thinking "Gtfo pliz kty".

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »
Overall, it was definitely our best performance.  Very fun to do even if the audience was kind of quiet.  Thanks for the suggestions, the synch is the biggest problem right now (maybe we should cut out the 2d synchronized part and replace it with some more one stuff at the beginning). 
              -Matthew
You must've felt stupid throwing yourself on the ground twice for the excal genocide :P

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
@ Mithew: There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't. ...don't you mean 10 ?? Wink

...that was the joke

i.e. mathew is one of those who can't.

funny? definitely
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Conor

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
nice editing on the second video.

the routine was nice, some good concepts/ideas. would be nice if it was better synced.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »
great performance, and nice vertax, 2nd video stole M4U's music though!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »
haha someone missed the joke. 

Thanks for the comments.  Yea, the syncing was kinda hard cause we're not looking at each other for the one and the 2 we're just gonna cut it out. 

Ben: People use the word "stole" too freely.  If I stole that from M4U then he stole it from the matrix which is where it's from....

Josh

Mithew

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
...that was the joke

i.e. mathew is one of those who can't.

funny? definitely
THANK YOU!  No one seems to understand the joke even though most people have seen a variation of it (3 types of people, those who can count, those who can't,  3/2 of the people in the world don't understand fractions, etc). 
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal