Author Topic: Will 2d with Sundia Fly and Henry's Circus work?  (Read 3662 times)

Amaterasu

Will 2d with Sundia Fly and Henry's Circus work?
« on: April 09, 2008, 12:29:16 AM »
So right now I have a Henry's Circus and have been wanting a new axle so I can do grinds with it, but I also want a second diabolo. I'm thinking of getting a Sundia Fly, which I personally know can grind great. If I bought a Sundia Fly I could just use that when I want to grind, and avoid having to buy a new axle for my Henry's Circus. I have never done 2d before, but I can learn... here's the question: If I did just get a Sundia Fly could I use it with my Henry's for 2d? Also, a very noob question, but I have heard about axles being damaged and such from grinding with metal handsticks, will the Henry's metal handsticks damage or be bad for either Sundia and Henry's axle? Thanks.

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Will 2d with Sundia Fly and Henry's Circus work?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 12:54:36 AM »
Depends how much you grind. Learning 2D with a fixed and a bearing diabolo could be a bit tricky. I'd recommend using the same 2 diabolos for learning 2D, imo. I think fixed diabolos are easier to learn 2D with as well. If you get a fly it might be a good idea to spend a tad extra and get the fixed-axle bolt, it would be a bit easier learning 2 imo.

Amaterasu

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the input. Anyone else have a response?

Also, if I do just get a second Henry's but one of them has an upgraded axle and the other does not, will it be harder then using 2 Henry's each with the same axle? Because if it will be just as hard as with a Sundia I'm thinking I should still go for it, but I honestly don't know.

fzzyrn

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:20:06 AM »
it depends on which axle the circus has. i know for a fact that 2d with wide axles gets slightly interesting. If i were you, i'd just bite the bullet and buy two taibolos. but then again thats just me. i heart taibolos for 2d, but i also heart (oddly enough) suns

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Learning multiple diabolos is tricky enough without extra problems such as different axles etc.  Not to say it's not possible, it certainly is, but that's up to you, whether you want to try.  No one will mind.  It's not a compatibility issue like using CD-RWs in a CD player.

As for grinding axles with handsticks, it's absolutely fine.  I don't think anyone's actually damaged an axle by grinding with handsticks.  Most of the time, the grinding occurs on the hubs unless you have a wide axle.  And even then, it's not going to hurt it.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:44:47 PM »
I suppose if it is matter of finances vs. grinding i would say buy another Henry's, learn 2d forget about grinds :)
If u have enough money, buy flys or whatever makes you happy, and then learn 2d and forget about grinds...

fzzyrn

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »
i think it will work but it will be awkward. you have to push harder with bearings, whereas fixed axles will self shuffle. so get working on those funky shuffle rhythms

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal