Author Topic: 24 Hours Notice! (Need help Quick)  (Read 4154 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
24 Hours Notice! (Need help Quick)
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »
So my school has a 6th form variety night once a year for charity and the night is tomorrow. Now I had no intention to perform tomorrow, just to go and watch and show some support. This morning the head of 6th form decided to pull the plug on the night due to lack of acts. Since then people have persuaded him to reconsider and to let the night go ahead as planned. Although, they needed more acts and came to me and asked me to throw something together. Seeing as it's for a good cause and all I said 'yes' although it's now left me with a problem: I have no routine!

Due to the late organisation (or lack of it) I guess a lot of acts aren't going to be too serious or polished so I really want it just to be a funny, stupid act with nothing too technical or juggling related. I basically need some ideas. Primarly; idiotic music, some stupid banter to happen on stage and just generally nothing too serious. I have a few people who can help out with this although only one who is a fairly competant diaboloer.

So that's what I have to work with. So I just want ideas and suggestions of stuff to do, the stupider the better really as it's all just going to be a laugh.

Cheers in advance,

-Leo

PS: anything is good as long as it doesn't involve string getting tangled (I have no problem with making a fool out of myself because I'm one of the jokers of the year :P)
Behind your back is your front.

Beni

Re: 24 Hours Notice! (Need help Quick)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »
The Benny Hill theme is a great song for silliness.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »
This is the kind of thing I'm after! ;) keep music suggestions coming aswell though because I'll draw up the routine later on tonight.

EDIT: I've just put together a serious kinda routine if things don't go to plan or whatever. I might use it as a base tricklist for whatever actually happens tomorrow night aswell.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
Do you wanne tell us your routine? I'm curious :P

dyabolo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:51:40 PM »
I'm curious too!

Squiggle

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:01:21 AM »
Public Enemy

And act "Gangzter"

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 04:01:38 AM »
LOL.
Only if its Bring the Noise.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to say how it went. It was mainly improv and just doing what felt right but it went pretty well. I only dropped twice and the response I got was pretty good. There were a few problems with the music and lighting, the people who were running that kept fading the music out because they thought I'd finished and the lighting was a too dark but I really enjoyed it. The crappy lighting and music added to the routine because everytime the lights went off I'd stop with the diabolos in a knot or something with my hand on my hips, tapping my left foot on the floor whilst staring at the lighting/music people at the back which made people laugh.

The best bit about the lighting was that I was using a floor start to start 2 and I couldn't tell if the diabolos had the right wraps/knots on them. I just decided to go for it and if it went wrong, it went wrong. It went wrong but it actually turned into a trick (somehow one of the diabolos did a floorbounce) but I caught it again and was pretty chuffed :D

So from a performers point of view it was probably sloppy and not thought out (pretty close to the truth) but I had fun and a lot of the people who were watching said it was "class" or "sick".

Also, am I the only person who runs 3D with bearings on stage?

-Leo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal