Author Topic: Don't know if this trick exists or not...(suicide variation)  (Read 6207 times)

Darkstar

Don't know if this trick exists or not...(suicide variation)
« on: March 20, 2005, 09:31:37 PM »
I made up a new trick today whilst experimenting with the right backside.

You go into the right backside and start crossing your arms (right under left) so the diabolo gets to open string.

You continue the clockwise movement of the diabolo and let go of the left handstick (actually on the right due to the crossed arms) like a normal Suicide.

Whilst the stick is swinging over, you hand the right handstick to the left hand and catch the falling handstickk with the right.

Any good? Been done before?

diabololi

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »
I quite like it! As far as I know it is an original trick. It is one of those tricks that make your think "of course! why didn't I think of that!". Thanks for sharing it.

Oli

Darkstar

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:48:19 PM »
Quote from: diabololi
I quite like it! As far as I know it is an original trick. It is one of those tricks that make your think "of course! why didn't I think of that!". Thanks for sharing it.

Oli

It looks veeeery smooth when you do it clean. You're welcome! :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 11:36:26 AM »
dont pass the stick across and catch the suicide in the same hand that it started in, in a cross handed position. A little something i found (although i think its in one of Donalds books) in Sheffield whilst i was bored.

Darkstar

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:21:50 PM »
Quote from: norbi
dont pass the stick across and catch the suicide in the same hand that it started in, in a cross handed position. A little something i found (although i think its in one of Donalds books) in Sheffield whilst i was bored.

Yeah, I suppose that would be good if you wanted to link it to another backside trick.

lemony

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »
oddly enough i pulled exactly the same trick this afternoon (completely indpendently, i've not been on here in a while)... it is rather nice, i agree
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

Darkstar

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »
Ok, still dunno if this is original, but if it is then it's called the Darkcide (On the 'dark' side of the string, plus my user; cheers seán_) and i'll try to get a video of it at some point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal