Author Topic: the worst thing thats happened in a performance  (Read 13018 times)

Adamer15

Re: the worst thing thats happened in a performance
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »
This happened to me a few days ago in my preformance

I just started to get speed going (It wasnt even my bit of the act)
So i do EVERY accelration trick i know
I walked up stage did my first trick and a bunch of kids in the crowd (Small little b*stards) started chanting "You suck!" over and over
I got pissed
Went backstage and came back with all my 7 diabolos and i just threw them at the kids including sticks/clubs/staffs/all my/my friend's juggling equipment
*Quick reorganating*
And i went on again but i didnt know my diabolo's henges were like a hair away from releasing
So i accelerated and my diabolo EXPLODED right in the middle of the act

I couldnt show my face around that school again

~Adam
Will eat for Diabolo!

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 02:07:15 AM »
I did 2d high at a radio station comp w/ about 500 people and the diabolo landed on a lil girls head
Supplier of Chinese yoyos

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 02:34:06 AM »
Matthew passed to far back and to try to catch it I walked back and tripped over risers that I didn't know were there.  I landed on my ass in front of my fellow students in my grade.  I didn't live it down for a long time.

Josh

redchina

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 02:44:45 AM »
In one of my first shows I was nervous as hell. You don't know how nervous I was. I did the show with another diabolist who was better at the time.

The curtains rise. My partner does a 1D pirouette. My turn. I do a pirouette and the chinese yo-yo just slams on the ground. This was like the first trick of the show too.

Later on my diabolo rolls off stage and my string breaks. Luckily I had a spare set of sticks. I saved face by doing an awesome mini-genocide causing the audience to go wild. It certainly was one of my most memorable shows.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 03:05:23 AM »
I don't think I can remember my first diabolo show :/ ITs probably on a DVD somewhere, enlighten me Jake?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 03:38:06 AM »
This isn't related to diabolo, but a while back I got really badly burnt by a fire skipping rope, 30ish cm long. Didn't ruin the show luckily. It hurt for weeks.
I've hit pleanty of people with diabolos, but not in formal shows.

Squiggle

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
I don't think I can remember my first diabolo show :/ ITs probably on a DVD somewhere, enlighten me Jake?

Don't know, were you in the one where we dressed up as old school asians?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 07:56:21 AM »
LOL. No. But you are. About to rip and youtube it  :P
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

busk

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 10:30:38 AM »
the worst thing that happened in a performance...

an huge knot (you can see it in that pic)

and a  broken knee (during a beetween the leg sun with a jump)

Paino

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 10:27:05 PM »
Hit a handicapped girl in an audience right on the head from a failed 3 high siteswap, which clashed. The screaming was awful bit miraculously she was completely unscathed.

BYJOTY last year my music ran out due to my poor timing, and i had to do the last bit of the act in silence which is kinda scary. Audience chipped in with some applause thank god, which made it feel better though.

i saw that garner has it on youtube

Midoryu

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 04:35:12 AM »
String breaking in front of the audience and screwing up:  $20
Diabolo hitting people on the head while performing:  $3000 and some other medical fees
Soloing while people start trying to boo you off the stage:  $5000 for a long-term shrink
Messing up on EVERY SINGLE 1d trick and doing only a 2d shuffle with nothing else for the rest of the performance, and people being bored out of their minds:  [Not really] priceless...maybe that $5000 shrink would have to do as well.
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

CirqueKid

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »
The worst was in one of my first performances, when I did some of my routine, with mini gens, infinite suicides, and some of my other difficult-for-the-time tricks, and then threw it up in the air as a (the simplest trick of them all, right?), and I dropped it.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

ecuador16

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:38 AM »
well this really doesent count as the worst thing that has ever happened in a performance but comes close

i play soccer for my school and i was in practice the afternoon of the day in which the talent show to which I am in was going on.
I had the ball and took a couple of people, you know everybody is taking it easy because its practice but when I get to the last defender he wasnt gonna have it so he came in hard and took my leg out while i was kicking the ball well what happened is kind of hard to explain but lets say that he hit my leg and it kept going but my foot didnt do the same it stayed on the ground. And when i fell i heard this crunch sound and when i hit the ground again in two seconds my ankle swelled so badly it got the size of a standard juggling ball. I went to the emergency room and they told me I had torn couple of ligaments and partially tore a muscle. I obviously couldnt do the talent show in which I planned to juggle and diabolo because i was on crutches and painkillers.

so this is my worst performance experience sort of  ;D ;D ;D

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 08:58:21 AM »
Mmm....lovely! :P

And I think you mean football, footy or something other than soccer ;)

-Leo (We invented it, so our name should stick, right?)
Behind your back is your front.

Roy

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »
I had my first show on a camping in france.
When I did the first trick the show was over because my string snapped :(

Very very stupid mistake....
I remember the faces from the public.

ARGHH!

-Roy-

ecuador16

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
leo you are right but that soccer name sticks i would usually call it futbol the spanish for football. In english when you call the sport by its proper name everyone thinks of american football ??? ??? ???

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
Actualy I think you'l find soccer is the original english name

-Alex (hoping he is right)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
"The name "soccer" (or "soccer football") was originally a slang abbreviation of the word "association" from "association football" and is now the prevailing term in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand where other codes of football are dominant."

Football came first. Back on topic.

For more see the various wiki articles on soccer and football :P
Behind your back is your front.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 04:59:27 PM »
Fair enough
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 02:07:28 AM »
The ball is a mere decoy to the real object of the game. The purpose of the round object is to trick the referee into looking straight at the ball rather than at what the players are doing, and to fool the referee into believing that you are, in fact being beaten to death by the opposing team. This is very effective as most games are decided by "fouls" that are given after a player (often the prettiest and poofiest in the team) dives to the ground after minimal or no contact from the opposition player. Bonus points are awarded for nutshots that result in involuntary bowel movement and sterilization.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal