Author Topic: "Up to the sky" - Documentary  (Read 22338 times)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
Re: "Hasta el cielo" - Documental
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »
 :-D haha
Rooted diabolist.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
That was really something special. One of the best videos I've seen.
1:45, 3:44 and the combo at 3:56 - Beautiful!
Everyone behind 'Hasta el cielo' should really get together and make a DVD. Or at least put all their vids on JTV so I can download them.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »
Thanks for your comments!  :-D

@Alex (I'm going to use your reply to clarify and give more info. to all the nice diabolo.ca community  ;)):

In fact "Hasta el cielo" is a full documentary as a whole. The only reason because the videos are released so slowly is because I'm the director, camera,editor, script writer...think about that I should have gone to every city which appears in the documentary (time/ effort/ cost), as you can see, it's a huge work to do, in spite of that I had a great time with the recording and that I love editing and post-production.
And of course, the complete work, with subtitles (in english) for the interviews, and high sound and video quality, will be released on DVD!  :-D. I don't want it to be expensive, just the fair price to get the money I invested on it back, or hopefully a little more to help me buying a new camera and filming stuff for another projects (would be great!!).

As soon as the project has finished I will tell you all by posting here, so you will be able to get the original DVD. Some shops are intested in distribute it, and I think it will make everything easier for everybody (me included!). For now, you have to get by with the low quality "youtube" version, though  :P.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

P.D. I'm very proud of my last trick, it was a crazy idea I had :-) I would like to believe I'm the first one in doing that such thing (yeeeah ^^). But I think due a technical problem I had, it isn't easy to see clearly what's happening. So I ask you all whether to record that trick again or not. Only if it's worthy to show it more clearly...

Last but not least: I want to thank Jelem, Didac, and Pranay for taking part of the project, with a enthusiastic attitude the whole time!   :-*
Rooted diabolist.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:09 PM »
Where in Spain do you guys live? I just came back last week and didn't see you while I was there!

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »
You can see where the clips are recorded (not filmed lol) in the Title of each video. Enjoy! And of course, there are are plenty of good jugglers in Spain (:-D the pride...).
Rooted diabolist.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
I was nowhere near you. Phew.

noel

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
Jesse next time send me a private message, from the south until the middle of Spain we can meet every where xDD

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
I think this is one of the best videos i have seen for a long time.

Neil

Re: "Until the sky" - Documentary
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »
sorry if this is a bit off topic, but is that diabolo in a pelota court?

shalafi

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »
There is a new video available of the documentary "Until the sky". Sorry kami, but I had to let them know:

Diabolo Feeling
From lost to the River

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Diabolo Feeling, what are they going to do next?
Whatever the **** they want.

very well edited video i have to say.

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
Sorry kami, but I had to let them know:

Nevermind,Well done Shalafi!

Note to Noel: The name is "Up to the sky"  :-D Probably the english native speakers could confirm whether this last one is more appropiate (I guess "Until the sky" is even ungrammatical... :-|)

Ah, and don't miss this one (a tribute to the spanish nineties tacky-style  :-D). Note:"Zapatillo" means "sleeper(shoe)-man":

Zapatillo intro

┬íHasta el cielo!   ;)
Rooted diabolist.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »
Ahahah.  Brilliant!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

shalafi

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:10 AM »
Nevermind,Well done Shalafi!

Note to Noel: The name is "Up to the sky"  :-D Probably the english native speakers could confirm whether this last one is more appropiate (I guess "Until the sky" is even ungrammatical... :-|)

Until the Sky did not sound right to me either, but I though you selected it, so I just kept using it.
"Up to the sky" is much better translation indeed.

Great job you're doing :)
From lost to the River

Wis

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 01:42:43 PM »
Great job, Kamikace and all the "Until/up the sky team"
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

noel

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »
Until the Sky did not sound right to me either, but I though you selected it, so I just kept using it.
"Up to the sky" is much better translation indeed.

wherever you want, i like how its sounds with until, but its your documentary, Daniel.

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
Re: "Up to the sky" - Documentary
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
It's been a while for "Hasta el cielo" :P !
Because of technical and technical reasons, I couldn't finish the project and release it on DVD*.
That's why I have decided to make public the rest of the videos and created 3 playlists so you can watch like a real DVD ;) The film is 1h40min, all for free! I hope you enjoyed as much as we did when making it:
www.hastaelcielo.es

*The incomplete things are:
The corrected subtitles (by a native english) are in my broken hard disk.
Besides what I can recover in my outdated back up, everything is... indeed, in my broken hard disk :D

Rooted diabolist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal