Author Topic: Iceland Diabolo  (Read 15460 times)

Diabolo Bro

Iceland Diabolo
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »
Alright so I went to Iceland over April break and decided to film some stuff, just some tricks that only take one attempt, and stuff, the wind made it hard to do things cleanly, but some interesting locations in here, I think it's worth a watch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/g1QHYGMY6Bw&hl=en
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Re: Iceland Diabolo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
I liked the waterfall location and the 2d btb throw.
A large part of the video was just you running a 3d shuffle with no tricks though, seemed a bit pointless
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
A large part of the video was just you running a 3d shuffle with no tricks though
Yes, I didn't quite have enough footage to fill up the song, so I put some of that in

Scrat

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
oh just great locations and great D juggling. Normally i like the Song, but its nothing spezial. An "unknown" song would have rounded all.

Ethan

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »
finally got it up :D sweet video Al, liked the genocide combos, locations were sick! nice choice of music too
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

lupii

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »
wow cool video. The only problem was that i had problems to see the balls some times.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »
finally got it up :D sweet video Al,

try a girl next time makes life easyer.
but as they say.... whatever floats your boat.

fro 2 da mo
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Ethan

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
try a girl next time makes life easyer.
but as they say.... whatever floats your boat.
please try to stay on topic mofo

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 10:05:43 PM »
please try to stay on topic mofo
Oh, no crab man don't try to avoid that one, good one mofro

noel

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »
nice vide, and very nice places as well

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
I liked the locations, the quality wasn't too good (I can't talk) so it was hard to make out alot of the ball juggling.
Try and think of a few of the worst possible adjectives you can think of, thats my opinion on the music
Try and save the original tricks for a video. Wait.. there weren't any..
Generally, way too much 3d and vertax.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
This has actually given me quite a few new ideas to explore, thanks
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
I liked the locations, the quality wasn't too good (I can't talk) so it was hard to make out alot of the ball juggling.
Try and think of a few of the worst possible adjectives you can think of, thats my opinion on the music
Try and save the original tricks for a video. Wait.. there weren't any..
Generally, way too much 3d and vertax.

Hey, give him a break. He did tricks he knew he could do, and he knew he could do well. This is a quantum leap from when he first started making videos. There was a lot more style and a lot cleaner and smoother. Also you can go to YouTube's site and click on "Watch in High Quality" somewhere on the page (new feature =o)

Also you could have played off all the 3d shuffle saying you were doing it for the locations ;)
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 02:23:57 PM »
That made for an enjoyable watch. I especially liked the waterfall scenes.

Fromâge

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
LOcations: Awsome, some of the best I've ever seen.
Tricks: Nothing new but clean and high level. ...jealous  ;)
Music: Bad! Boring!

I liked the 3d shuffle all around those different places. Usually I don't like that much shuffling... but with the locations.... good job.

TomerB

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
Great tricks, awesome places !

Hated the music, it was maybe the worst song I've ever heard, try listening to some Slayer.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
Hated the music, it was maybe the worst song I've ever heard, try listening to some Slayer.

Bit rich coming through the same person that used Robbie William's version of Bongo Bong.....

That there 2d throw from behind the back's a neat little trick so kudos, in other respects, nice angle on the waterfall.  The original side on shot made it look like there wasn't a platform to film in front of (funny thing perspective :))  Nice idea swinging the vertax round the lamp post.  I tried it in the big top at Bristol last year but couldnt get anything from it.  I reckon it needs a revo kit or some sort of ufo exit.

I didn't like the tune but it worked with the tempo in the video.  That for me is more of a winner than a great tune which doesnt match the feel of the video.  Still more to work on but it's good to see you're progressing towards much better quality footage :thumbsup:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Ethan

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
3:23, and 3:48. might be simle tricks, or have been done before, but they caught my eye the most.

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »
Really nice video!
I mostly like the shots at the waterfall :)

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 12:52:02 AM »
This has actually given me quite a few new ideas to explore, thanks
You're welcome
3:23, and 3:48. might be simle tricks, or have been done before, but they caught my eye the most.
Thanks, I don't think They're too simple, but they've been done before though.
That there 2d throw from behind the back's a neat little trick
I think it's been done before actually  ???, still interesting, to explore some variants
Nice idea swinging the vertax round the lamp post.  I tried it in the big top at Bristol last year but couldnt get anything from it.  I reckon it needs a revo kit or some sort of ufo exit.
Yeah, The duicide around it wasn't hard, but trying to catch that one was. You can do a stick bounce exit, it's just a little tricky.
Really nice video!
I mostly like the shots at the waterfall :)
Thanks, the mist soaked my clothes and string so I didn't do much there, but it was very cool still. The thin tall one you can actually walk behind, which was pretty cool.

Thank to all comments, I hope to improve with my next video with adding style, and some new creative stuff. ;)

TomerB

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »
Bit rich coming through the same person that used Robbie William's version of Bongo Bong.....

Never used this song on my videos, you might be talking about my 3D tutorial with yonm13 who also edited the video, and also chose this crap music. I tried listening to the original version of the song, it suck so bad, just like the Robbie William's version, i can't imagine someone really listening to it. I repeat, if you listen to some crap on my videos with yonm13, you should know that he chose it. If you wanna know what i listen to, you might go to my Youtube profile: http://youtube.com/user/tomerbar2112

cereal

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 06:31:31 PM »
nice video , and realy great locations (iceland is great)
at 1.50 you are standing near a lake , was that a hot lake ?
cause in iceland you have many volcanoes and hot watter sources :d

greetz cereal

looby

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
Never used this song on my videos, you might be talking about my 3D tutorial with yonm13 who also edited the video, and also chose this crap music. I tried listening to the original version of the song, it suck so bad, just like the Robbie William's version, i can't imagine someone really listening to it. I repeat, if you listen to some crap on my videos with yonm13, you should know that he chose it. If you wanna know what i listen to, you might go to my Youtube profile: http://youtube.com/user/tomerbar2112

That's probably because you're narrow minded and can't bear listening to other genres of music just incase it defers you from what you're 'supposed' to like which in your case is metal.  Hopefully you'll soon learn to appreciate a wide range of music, it's only a good thing trust me.

Like I said, I'd rather listen to a soundtrack which matches the content of the video.  In your case, raining blood doesn't match your style whatsoever in your 3d tricks video.  If it was in a Langers video I'd have a completely different opinion.  So in conclusion you still fail at matching a song to your videos whereas Al has managed to much more effectively no matter how bad the song is. 
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »
at 1.50 you are standing near a lake , was that a hot lake ?
Yes it was, it was a geothermally heated pond by the blue lagoon. (I was juggling Lava Rocks ;))

Also, Tomer, cool it if you don't edit the video I wouldn't complain about the music.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 09:00:24 AM »
Thanks Louis.
[youtube=425,350]3u_OqjGpNQY
Tomer, please sit down.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

allsoppy5

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
alright tricks there for one attempt stuff!
just got a bit bored toward the end

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
Thanks Louis.
Tomer, please sit down.

i think this is possibly the worst example of diabolo rape i have ever seen. i beg that this never reaches the outside world.

discrace utter discrace

mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »
Poor diabolo!!
Not so much fun when your shoved up someones crotch. :D

yitavd

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
Thanks Louis.
Tomer, please sit down.
William , calm down.
Everyone , lets not forget that its a diabolo forum and not music one.
If someone thought the music was'nt so good he can say it , you dont have to agree with him but dont insult him.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »
Getting a little off topic, don't you think?
I'm calm mate.
I wasn't insulting the video.
Just though it might be relevant to remind Tomer of the muic he has listening to before he decided to put down somebody elses.
(I bet nobody sees what I've done)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 12:04:40 AM »
Video wasn't that bad. Personally I wouldn't choose that song, and I'd make the juggling balls easier to see. That waterfall location was awesome!!

juzooboy

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »
I Like your videos! you are speed to learn and amazing to do tricks! and i like 3d tricks...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal