Author Topic: NK jongleren 2008, Gijs diabolo freestyle 3rd place  (Read 6751 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: NK jongleren 2008, Gijs diabolo freestyle 3rd place
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
All of these routines are good, it'd be hard picking between them IMO. It seems like it was a very high standard.
Behind your back is your front.

martijn

Re: NK jongleren 2008, Gijs diabolo freestyle 3rd place
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:23 AM »
Thanks Leo :)

Please keep in mind that these freestyles are not just judged on technical level. Tom (you might remember him as the winner of the 2006 Diabolo Freestyle competition), Bram & Sander (aka Pol & Freddie) and I were judging the diabolo competition this year. I gave each competitor a score for something we defined this year as "personality" (creativity, style, that kinda crap), Tom was in charge of judging the technical level and Bram & Sander gave each competitor a score based on their performance and presentation. The average of these 3 elements = final score.

Also don't forget that there's a huge difference between watching a performance live on stage and at home on your computer screen. I think the scores turned out fair.

p.s. I'm a bit pissed that everybody throws their freestyle online, because I'm still working on the dvd! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal