Author Topic: 3D sun to armstall (frontwrap/backwrapp???)  (Read 2385 times)

Chickeneater72790

3D sun to armstall (frontwrap/backwrapp???)
« on: May 14, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »
So, whenever I've seen this trick, I thought that the concept was similar to a 2d sun to armstall.  In 2d sun to armstall, I always end up in a "frontwrap," with the string lying across my forearm.  essentially, Im good to go for vortexing out or going into fan, etc.

I've always thought that it was the same concept with 3D, but recently, I've noticed that ppl end up in a "backwrap," with the string in their hand instead of on their forearm so they can do a regular speedpull or w/e to exit it. 

How does this work???

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: 3D sun to armstall (frontwrap/backwrapp???)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »
Well, you're right - the traditional way to armstall 3d gets you a front-wrap. Since about one person in the world can manage to vortex 3d, it's kind of a useless position for 3d so far.

Try doing a 2d sun to an armstall, then shift the string down your arm to your hand - you may have to fiddle with the stick to make sure the string doesn't twist up. There you go - you can now just pop back into 2d normally with a back wrap or just letting fall in. Or, you can just sun right to a hand-stall and get the same effect.

3d's the same thing. Shift your string into  your hand so you can back wrap. Just try it with 2 and you'll understand.

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »
ah, I get it now.    ;D
So I guess ppl like Ryo & William are so good that they just shift the string down really quickly.  (?)

Try doing a 2d sun to an armstall, then shift the string down your arm to your hand - you may have to fiddle with the stick to make sure the string doesn't twist up. There you go - you can now just pop back into 2d normally with a back wrap or just letting fall in. Or, you can just sun right to a hand-stall and get the same effect.
Sun right into a handstall? doesn't the string end up twisted in that case though?

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »
Sun right into a handstall? doesn't the string end up twisted in that case though?
he means catch the string by the thumb and slide it under the stick (in the direction of thumb-fingers) then you are in a finger stall.
hope that makes sense
Sideways is rubbish

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »
Yes, that did make sense.
Finally understand how it works now.  thx.  got it in 2D, but as for 3D...that still needs some work...a TON of work.   >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal