Author Topic: Limited Edition CUSTOM Flys  (Read 9933 times)

Aaron Z

Limited Edition CUSTOM Flys
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »
Herrow.

I went to look around the Sundia website today, comparing the prices of their LED kits- and came across some very nice-looking custom Fly diabolos. Unfortunately, they're limited edition so buy 'em while they got 'em. They also sell specially signatured ones, from people like Ryo Yabe and diabolos branded with the Sundia logo.

Some of them look pretty damned nice, but others seem like they'd dish out the old "Looks like a turd" color when they're spinning. The signed ones are obviously more for show than for use, which is a bit of a waste of a Fly, IMO.
Some of the color schemes should definitely be entered into constant manufacture, and lose the limited edition label - just like the Crystal Suns.

Also, this is a bit off-topic: JuggleArt.com.au now stocks Sundia Suns, for $46AUD and Crystal Suns for $50, the same price as a Fly. Hurrah for all the Aussie, Tassy and Kiwi diaboloists! $46-50 is probably the best price we're gonna get, especially with free shipping within Australia for packages <1kg.

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER ONE

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER TWO

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER THREE

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER FOUR

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER FIVE

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  NUMBER SIX

By aaronz101 at 2008-05-24  LOTSA NUMBERS

Niclas

Re: Limited Edition CUSTOM Flys
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »
They are fabulous.
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

Aaron Z

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
They are fabulous.

That's what  SHE  said

*Ba-ZING*  8)

Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »
Are you able to have them switch the cups around?

There's only one cup there that looks close to orange =/

But n1 either way.

Aaron Z

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

-There's only one cup there that looks close to orange =/

I guess you mean the third from the top, which does look pretty snazzy.
And yes, you could most likely have them put one together from two of those cups.

I want two of those stripey black cups!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »
Way ahead of you - I've already spoken to Sundia about them a while ago - there are less than 30 of these around in Sundia.

& they are a bit more expensive than a regular fly too.

They have done the painted ones for a long time - I've had one for over a year - but they are just for show - but the marble ones are new.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 09:58:46 AM »
Also, this is a bit off-topic: JuggleArt.com.au now stocks Sundia Suns, for $46AUD and Crystal Suns for $50, the same price as a Fly. Hurrah for all the Aussie, Tassy and Kiwi diaboloists! $46-50 is probably the best price we're gonna get, especially with free shipping within Australia for packages <1kg.
As soon as we get our website up and running, our diabolo prices will be much cheaper. Good ol competition ;) And they will buy from us, wha hahaha
The diabolos look great. Good to see Sundia are continually pursuing new designs and innovations!

Aaron Z

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
And they will buy from us, wha hahaha
And they will buy from us, wha hahaha = "And they will buy from us, wha hahaha"

Anyways, When your store is established, please give me a heads-up, Miesta- I need some new gear!

Also, Nev- this is a bit off-topic, but I need some new handsticks, and Sundia's look HAWT. Could you please post or PM me an *honest* review of their carbons? Especially the Marble effect ones?

Thanks

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
that 2nd column from the right looks brilliant. I still want one with a spiral on though for hypnotizing and such. also i'll have to get a picture up of my extremely customized circi.

ha my honest review of the sundia carbons (short) is that they are really good (i use them mostly for bearing work but they are good with anything). I'm out on a limb saying that most people would agree?

Darragh

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »
Hi funty are they the short carbon sticks that you had at the bjc.
if so the best sticks ever made( not including the Love Handels ;))

From lost to the river

Aaron Z

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »
Please do post your circus, funty.

Also, thanks for the... 'review'  :P

Could someone please elaborate a bit? I don't want to buy the wrong handsticks, especially at that price.
Are Sundia carbons strong? Flexible? Durable? Comfortable? String Efficient?

Also, what's the dealio with Henry's Alu's? Are they better/worse than Xtreme G3s?

Thanks

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »
Ive got all 3 types, and Ive been sticking with the henrys alu. Many of the Sundia handle design waste string, thats the only reason why I dont use them. Sundia do have alu handles though, just like henrys, although i havent tried them yet. Its just personal preference between xtremes and henrys alu. search and youll find info here somewhere.

JimmyCords.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »
Hurrah for all the Aussie, Tassy and Kiwi diaboloists!
Hurrah for the Aussie part! (not the Tassy and Kiwi part  8):P)

that 2nd column from the right looks brilliant. I still want one with a spiral on though for hypnotizing and such. also I'll have to get a picture up of my extremely customized circi.
I  agree, they look awesome as! Don't much like the painted ones though.

As soon as we get our website up and running, our diabolo prices will be much cheaper. Good ol competition ;) And they will buy from us, wha hahaha
Sorry for the tangent I'm going off on here, but what is this store I hear speak of? Do tell/give link to topic/site/information/whatever, I'm intrigued.
Say Whaaaat?

Aaron Z

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »
Sorry for the tangent I'm going off on here, but what is this store I hear speak of? Do tell/give link to topic/site/information/whatever, I'm intrigued.

I'm pretty keen on finding out the prices that Miesta ends up with, especially now that he's said that they will trounce JuggleArts...

BTW- Miesta is another Aussie diaboloist, just like us! He also sells diabolo gear.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
Those are the uggliest looking things I have ever seen
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »
Those are the uggliest looking things I have ever seen
haha, I admit some are, but there's some good ones too.
At the moment were locally selling Flys for AUD$40 and Suns for $45. Haven't worked out the shipping prices yet. It's up to the new owner.

Aaron Z

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 12:58:14 AM »
Are you gonna be selling handsticks, too?

You've probably got the best price on Flys, because JuggleArt has them for $50 a piece, but with free shipping. If you can manage a cheap *cough* FREE *cough* shipping price then I'm gonna have to buy from you   :P

You might have trouble competing with Juggleart's Suns, though- they have them for $46 a piece w/ free shipping ($50 for a crystal).

And yeah, those easter-egg looking Flys are horrible, I like most of the ones that are in pictures individually.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 01:50:45 AM »
Ugh, some of those look really ugly honestly. What do they look like while spinning? Any difference compared to normal fly┬┤s besides color/design?

JimmyCords.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 01:55:41 AM »
Yea. I'd be interested in buying a pair of Babache Xtreme Classics off you, if your gonna sell sticks.
Say Whaaaat?

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 02:04:34 AM »
You might have trouble competing with Juggleart's Suns, though- they have them for $46 a piece w/ free shipping ($50 for a crystal).
I'm sure we can manage cheaper prices than them. Unfortunately, they seem to have monopoly on many things, except Sundia products ;)
I don't understand why they're selling Flys for more than Suns, Suns cost more.
If people want Sundia handsticks then we'll get them. We don't want to buy things that won't sell well. No plans of selling Babache equipment yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal