Author Topic: 舞鈴高手 (Diabolo Dance)  (Read 3364 times)

Nahxela

舞鈴高手 (Diabolo Dance)
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:00:18 AM »
Hey all, I just wanted to share a great video with everyone of the 舞鈴高手 (Diabolo Dance) group from Taiwan.
Here, they're performing at the recent Taiwanese presidential inauguration, doing a fantastic group performance.
There's flawless synchronization within this group of diaboloist (a large amount performing at once, over 10 on stage at several points) and it's certainly not one of those "run-of-the-mill" Taiwanese diabolo videos, so don't worry about simply seeing a boring 3D shuffle :p

I also wanted to add that this group has a variety of different performances, one of which I saw when they came over to the states during this past autumn, where they still have great group performances, but with different themes and songs for their audience to enjoy.

Anyways, enough of my bantering, here's the video:

[youtube=425,350]oyRSIo8KzWg

EDIT:
Oh, I found a portion of that performance from fall 2007, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp9YOasmoHQ
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
Re: 舞鈴高手 (Diabolo Dance)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »
funky and cool i therefore name it cunky!
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »
funky and cool i therefore name it cunky!
fool !
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Ethan

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 02:32:27 AM »
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

logoman04

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 02:41:03 AM »
awsome..... would be fun to try and do for a convention or something!!
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »
Haven't seen the second vid yet, but the first one was great! Like Cirque du Solei, awesome choreography. I like how the female commentator finished with something that sounded like 'shut up' :D

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
I like how the female commentator finished with something that sounded like 'shut up' 

Haha it really does sound like it.

I thought it was kind of boring though. Acrobatics were slower than what you usually see from the other troupes doing these kinds of synched performances and they have nothing on the more technical diabolists in terms of technical tricks. Kind of half way in both directions. Whatever, there were stuff in there that was cool to see (distance passing for example).

jacky

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
their passing trick sure are nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal