Author Topic: Fan done by Priam  (Read 16353 times)

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:09:53 AM »
Hello peoples!!

I have a question for you, when you know. How does Priam do the fan kind of thing in the freestyle movie. It`s after a large knot stealing combo. Well maybe only Priam can tell me how to do this fan?

Sean

• Administrator
Fan done by Priam
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 04:20:25 PM »
Good question Arjan,

I assume you mean the Brussels freestyle video. Hopefully Priam can provide some advice on learning that trick. *Very* cool trick indeed! And it would appear to me that the great Priam invented that one himself (unless I'm wrong). 8)

In case some of you have no clue what trick is being discussed, I cut out a tiny clip of that trick from the original video because the original video is no longer online and was only online for about a week. I hope I don't offend anyone by doing this... if anyone involved with the filming or diaboloing (Priam) in this clip want me to take it down, I will. Sorry in advance if that's the case.

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/priam_brussels_fan_clip_TEMP.mpg (417kb)

Sean

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 04:50:49 PM »
It`s such a nice fan. But I just don`t understand whats happening there. I tryed to move the same way, but no succes.
Why would anyone mind to have that little piece of video online?  :?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Fan done by Priam
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 05:53:24 PM »
Any chance of putting the whole video back online, it looks wicked!

please  :wink:

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 06:00:11 PM »
Well especially that combo of Priam is really nice. I have them all on my pc, but no webspace what so ever.

MattF

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 06:01:58 PM »
Thats a really nice fan combo. It must have taken ages to perfect it.

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 06:14:17 PM »
Especially that last fan... very nice job. The stuff leading up to it is really nice done to!

Sean

• Administrator
Fan done by Priam
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 06:42:28 PM »
I can post the video, but I'd better check with Diabolumberto first. I don't know who originally made the videos and if it's ok with that person.

Sean

Paul

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »
That would be ace. Ive spent hours and hours searching the net for a Priam video and ive never found one yet!!!
Peace

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 08:53:03 PM »
Then your looking in the wrong places  :wink:  Have you heard of something called: The Mad French Posse?
Or The Art Of Diabolo.

But anyway,

Maybe Priam himselve will try to explain this move?  8)

seán_

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 09:19:22 PM »
Quote from: Paul
That would be ace. Ive spent hours and hours searching the net for a Priam video and ive never found one yet!!!

Or you could spend seconds by having a look at the links sticky at the top of the forum. (where many top diabolists sites are linked)

Seán_

Paul

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 10:03:33 PM »
Ive seen plenty of priam vidoes regarding one tricks and very short sections but ive never seen a full performance like I have with all the other MFP. Thats what I meant. I didnt explain it too clearly!!!!1
Peace

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 03:15:17 PM »
Hey Priam, could you explain how this fan works? There is a movie of it above somewhere.

MattF

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 03:48:38 PM »
Hi paul, here is the link for Priam's site. It has tons of his videos. Enjoy! :)

http://priampierret.free.fr/artofdiabolo/home.php

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 04:48:43 PM »
I think he already seen that site ;)
Would people now please not mess this up and let Priam speak?  :twisted:

Priam

• VotW Contributor
Re: [trick] Fan done by Priam
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 11:13:24 PM »
Quote from: Arjan
I have a question for you, when you know. How does Priam do the fan kind of thing in the freestyle movie ?

It's (simply) a left clockwise fan.
How to do it ? Just start with a left sun and move your sticks to go on fan.

I worked every C-fan on both sides in both directions, really useful, I also like to mix suns and clokwise fans, on both sides.

Priam

Arjan

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 04:59:05 AM »
So one of the diabolo`s is wrapped?

Priam

• VotW Contributor
Fan done by Priam
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 07:05:33 PM »
Quote from: Arjan
So one of the diabolo`s is wrapped?

No wrap in the fan ....

Priam

seán_

Fan done by Priam
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 07:10:16 PM »
is the throw from the left a normal throw or a magic knot type throw (sorry I cantmake that out)?

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
Fan done by Priam
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 07:19:40 PM »
Quote from: seán_
is the throw from the left a normal throw or a magic knot type throw (sorry I cantmake that out)?

Looks like a normal "magic knot" type throw to me. Just like how if you place your right stick under the string on the right side and two reverse direction stopovers and slip the string off the stick. That entry is a trick entry.

There are easier ways to get into the left side clockwise fan. Starting from 2 diabolo suns and changing the rhythm of the hand motion (from synch to asynch) is one way (if you're good at 2 diabolo suns). Tossing one diabolo up and starting a sun with the other diabolo is another trick start that Priam does in the Shilton's EJC 2004 video. Another option is starting the clockwise fan on the right side (easier to start) and then turning 180 degrees to face the left. I would think you could also start with a stopover on the left stick just as you could facing the right direction, but I haven't played with this.

[edit - I got that all reversed - I meant to say "you could also start with a stopover on the RIGHT stick just as you could facing the right direction, but I haven't played with this." :roll: ]

Sean

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal