Author Topic: Slowcide -> Mini genocide  (Read 12240 times)

Spink

Slowcide -> Mini genocide
« on: April 05, 2005, 12:41:46 PM »
Hello  :)

I've been looking at the trick video archive and noticed in the genocide section there is mention of a slowicide to mini genocide.

Nik mentioned this to me at shefcon a bit ago (and i think i saw norbi do one out of the corner of my eye :wink: )

Iv'e been playing with the idea but keep hitting myself in the face!

Please could i have some tips as i dont want to flood the diabolo injuries thread!! :?  :lol:
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

martijn

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 01:15:51 PM »
Try different things out. Practise it a lot. A video:

http://www.circusplanet.net/diabolo/video/1d/infinite_minigenocides.mpg

seán_

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »
Some of this is covered in the genocides mini genocides thread so for those looking to get those sorted look here, for questions about slowicides look here and also http://diabolotricks.com/Suicides.htm#slowcide

I just had a few goes at a simple slowicide, grabbing the string and going for it, havent got it yet but it doesnt seem that impossible, just a bit different since the direction and side of the string are different.

Hopefully somebody has some ideas or we can work on it Wednesday night after (if I get there after a workshop I helping with)

Thanks for the video Martijn, that was very handy

P.s. I just joined in Spink in the getting a clout on the head club

fredo

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:30:47 PM »
Don't know if it's the right thread but I wanted to know how to get right wraps at the end of a slowicide minigenocide...

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »
My problem with this is, is the third mini-genocide cause it's on the normal side however when doing the mini-g it must go on the inside and to let it come around that way I have to not pull up and pulling up after it comes around doesn't work very well.  How do you do it?

TyeTye

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »
the slowcide minigen is the first of the "free or Open" axle minigenocides i've learned. Just try to keep it in front of you, so you have more control of the timing(and it won't be aimed for your face)... it's just the timing that you have to get down, to pop it up....

as far as what you end up with, try different combinations of the angle in which you recapture the diabolo.. a handle that wraps around the diabolo behind the string, is different than one that wraps in front.

and perhaps i'm wrong, but i think a slowcide (to the left) (for righties) ends up in a left backside with a wrap on it.

I think.  :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:24 PM »
Quote from: fredo
Don't know if it's the right thread but I wanted to know how to get right wraps at the end of a slowicide minigenocide...

1.Do a left backside
2.Wrap with the left hand
3.Let go of the right stick
4.Slowicide mini-g
For me this one always ends up in a right wrap and if your realy quickyou can let go of the left stick straight into an infinate suicide.
Behind your back is your front.

fredo

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 10:34:27 PM »
ould you film a few minigenocodes from you? Just normal ones (and more than one please...Would be cool :wink:

TimEllis

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »
I'm sure you know how sometimes when you go to do a minigenocide, there is a wrap on the diabolo (for example after an infinite suicide - genocide).   An issue I'm having is when I let go of the stick to do the minigenocide at the end of it, the stick flies around the wrong side of the string, and doesn't release.  Rather, it just wraps up a whole bunch of times.  Any tips on how to make sure I'm setting up the minigenocide correctly?
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »
An awareness of your string around the axle is what's needed.  *Most* of the time, when you mini-genocide, you're in a left hand darkside (half an anticlockwise twist in the string).  When you mini-genocide, you just release the stick and pull on the string.  What you're subconciously doing is releasing the stick infront of the other stick so that the release will open the string.

If you're in a right hand darkside, you have to release the right handstick on the inside instead to open the string, otherwise you'll end up in the tangle like you describe.

More often than not, when you infinite suicide > genocide, you'll have a right hand darkside wrap because you'll pull your hand towards you to get out of the way of the flying stick, which means the release of the right handstick has to be inside (or inbetween your arms).

Having a quick glance down at your axle and a quick shuffle with your hands will tell you which side to release the handstick on, and then it's just about making it "look sexy".  Don't take this all for gospel though, I can't do a wrapped mini-g at all, only the half twist ones.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

fredo

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 12:33:36 PM »
@Chiok: When I do infinite suicide> genocide, I end up with a LEFT darkside wrap...but it's different for everyone...

And what he meant is the slowicide>minigenocide, and for that, grab your string near the diabolo Doing it like that, the released stick can't pass the wrong side... If you end up in right darkside wrap after doing a infinite suicide genocide, you'll have to let pass the released (right one, if you're a righty) stick behind the string of the left stick...

btw, here's the slowicide minigenocide thread, but seán_ pointed to that thread anyway... :wink:

Martin_

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »
Just a quickie. Been working on these alot recently and managed one very dodgy one. I am at the point where somtimes it catches back on the string but i miss the stick completely.

But how high is the diabolo meant to travel in this trick. i get the best results when i let it go shoulder to head height. But when i think it was tom was doing them at the birmingham convention last week the diabolo seemed to be waist height.
Also rather than pinching i let it roll over my finger probably too far up the string to be honest. any help?

fredo

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 10:26:32 PM »
don't throw it that high... a few centimetres are enough...

Dennis

Problem with the Mini Genocide
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
hey! :D

I've got a second problem: at this time, the Mini Genocide from a right Backwrap

I can do the normal Mini Genocide but I think this one looks quite nicer!

I can catch the diabolo but then the stick swings very often around the diabolo and I can't catch the stick then!?!?!?! ??? ::)

But look for yourself,

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPXivblzutM

I would be very happy about fast answers to my problem,

Dennis
hi! :P

TomMiller

Re: Problem with the Mini Genocide
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
Well first of all thats not a right backwrap, its a left, but thats not the point

when you swing the stick and pull the string up immediately  let go of the string and get ready to catch the stick
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Problem with the Mini Genocide
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »
If you're right-handed, then you're doing it the hardest way. Try letting go of the left-most stick rather than the right. With the stick swinging to the right rather than the left, it's much easier. If you're insistent on doing it your way, then you need to capture the diab much higher up on the string to make the stick recovery as smooth as possible.

Again, I've merged your thread into another existing one. The tutorial Tijn posts is of Arjan who is left handed, so just mirror his actions to make it easy on yourself.

Diabolo Bro

Re: Slowcide -> Mini genocide
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:13:38 AM »
Here's the deal, first of all, TOMMILLER, try the trick its not as easy as that. The spin causes friction which often snags the string, making the stick spin at incredibly high speeds, its not impossible, but it is hard. I'd recommend putting a leftwrap on, then trying the same with the left hand, same affect, loads easier, and simple finish.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Dennis

Re: Slowcide -> Mini genocide
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 03:41:58 PM »
Thanks for your help!
It seems to be very helpful! :D

I'll try it as you say.
hi! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal