Author Topic: Lighter weight Sundia Sun diabolos (260g and new colours)  (Read 27813 times)

JimmyCords.

Re: Lighter weight Sundia Sun diabolos (260g and new colours)
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
I love you..
They look okay I guess. I'd love to see video of their light kits. Or any video with fly light kits to be honest.
I know what Will's favourite colour is........... Blue! Just like me.

260g, that sounds nice. Just as I was thinking of getting some tiabolos, BAM! New suns come out. This just throws another cat in the bag that is my brain (when thinking about my next diabolo purchase, at other times it is more like snakes in a bag, you have to be cautious and handle it with care and you never know when its gonna get you, but if u keep sticking your hand in there it will get you eventually....)

Anyways sorry for the tangent.
To summarize me likes new suns.
Say Whaaaat?

fzzyrn

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
nice metaphor

For me, the selling point of taibolos has always been the curved hubs. I got a chance to try out some of JC's curved hubs and they were lovely. Combined with the familiar weight of taibolos (i'm jumping ship form the finesse), thats why i'm considering taibolos for my next set.

I'd get these new suns, but i don't find them as pretty taibolos. Yea, i'm superficial.

Aaron Z

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
Apart from color, and maybe weight- what's the difference?

I only just bought 2 Suns, and now the new versions are out- DAMNIT.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »
I only just bought 2 Suns, and now the new versions are out- DAMNIT.
Not sure that these are replacing the other ones. I'd bet the 290g ones are a bit more stable if you like the weight.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
as allways sundia have accomplished another fine looking diab. will be perchacing a pair of these of you nev, is there any chance that a light fly axel will be compatable?? or is a little modification needed ;) take this over to pm's if you want?
J.

p.s. what is the weight of the old (light) fly cups with the light teflon coated axel fitted? ta.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 09:31:14 PM »
is there any chance that a light fly axel will be compatable?? or is a little modification needed
Should fit ok - cant say 100%, but I'm 99% sure it has the same axle & hubs as the normal sun - so yeah, the black fly axle will fit once you remove the bearing. 

(out of interest - has anyone using the black axles on suns (or fixed fly) had any axle wear from the string - mine have had about 1 years play and are still good as new - but I don't diabolo anywhere near as many hours as some of you & Sundia had concerns that this type of axle might wear a groove like the original fly axle when used in fixed mode - but I've not had any problem)

p.s. what is the weight of the old (light) fly cups with the light teflon coated axel fitted? ta.
The old style lighter cup fly is about 240g when used with the black alu axle - the difference between the standard sun axle and the black one (with the bearing guts removed) is about 11g - so you could take the weight of the new 260g sun down to 249g
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 08:45:25 AM »
my light suns are still absoutely fine, no visable wear whatsoever. still play like a dream, although i couldn't say how much use they've had as i've got an awfull habit of alternating what i use everyday, i reckon i can safely say mine have had well over 48 hours of constant use.

lz

mmmmmmm 249g.......

Aaron Z

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »
I've used my 2 Suns over dirt, grass, tiles, and some rough-ish gym padding and they're still retaining their finish.

Unfortunately, I chose to use them over concrete just once and now one of them has sharp edges after falling out of a 2D transfer very quickly. I've also been doing a lot of body moves lately, and a sharp sun can cut you up pretty badly.

I wonder how these suns take scuffs and scratches? If they're the same size as normal suns, but have a different weight then they must be made of a new material, maybe the new material is more/less durable?

I don't think they look very nice, I'd like a crystal sun with just one sharp ring of color going around the rim to make it more visible, but still keep the cool transparency.

stlmoyo

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »
Just tried some Sundia's Saturday at our club meet and WOW! Don't think this is the new release but I want to switch from Finesse to Sundia for sure. Very stable and the size I want but seemed a little heavy-kind of. What is the weight ratio of new version vs last model?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 09:51:45 AM »
What is the weight ratio of new version vs last model?
Try reading a little bit past the first post next time  ;)
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg60625#msg60625
So it depends whether the ones you tried had metal or plastic washers?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Should fit ok - cant say 100%, but I'm 99% sure it has the same axle & hubs as the normal sun - so yeah, the black fly axle will fit once you remove the bearing. 

will i need to remove the bairing? or can i keep it in if i dont want to play fixed?

i have had the alu axel on a set of flys for a a good year now and they get alot of play. their holding out just fine. no problems as of yet.

mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

stlmoyo

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 03:05:23 AM »
Try reading a little bit past the first post next time  ;)
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg60625#msg60625
So it depends whether the ones you tried had metal or plastic washers?

Haha! You are correct sort of skipped thru. Anyway thanks for your input you answered my question. Also took a look at your website which is awesome, I will keep an eye out for the new release. Thanx! ;D

Aaron Z

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »
Will these new colors be coming out for the regular suns?

I reckon mixing any one of those diabolo with my 2 green suns would look awesome, but they'd need to be the same weight of course.

hibbo

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
Wow, so much hype, thats crazy,

Still gonna get some more JC hubs for my other circus's.  But as my birthday is just a month or so away, thats what i'll ask the girlfriend for, f'in rights.

Will the new suns be coming in the crystal colour, as I've been after getting some LED diabolo's on the go for a while now, might even see if I can trade my Nesbitt some some gear.

Was just going to get G3 with lights but i don't really like them and the Henry's Vega Kits are crazy expensive to kit out even one diabolo,

Rambling on,

The Suns and the Light kits just look absolutley awsome in weight and play,

Can't wait,
The food in the 'Burns Unit' sucks
Haggis Neeps and Tatties

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »
Wow, so much hype, thats crazy,

Still gonna get some more JC hubs for my other circus's.  But as my birthday is just a month or so away, thats what i'll ask the girlfriend for, f'in rights.

Will the new suns be coming in the crystal colour, as I've been after getting some LED diabolo's on the go for a while now, might even see if I can trade my Nesbitt some some gear.

Was just going to get G3 with lights but i don't really like them and the Henry's Vega Kits are crazy expensive to kit out even one diabolo,

Rambling on,

The Suns and the Light kits just look absolutley awsome in weight and play,

Can't wait,

Well I have been contemplating using the adapters from Firetoys or JC on a Sun instead of the washer then screwing on the Evo4 kits to save weight. The new suns seem to be a blend of clear and color so I think they would look cool with light kits.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
In stock now HERE
Available in 7 colours

They are actually 255g with Metal holographic washers as stock.
With the Sun Plastic washers fitted they are 240g.

All the colours are transparent - so LED's look great
Weight with LED's fitted is 280g (Metal washer) or 265g (FLY Plastic Washer)

Jonny Duffin

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
How cool are they! They have got to be the best looking diabolo out at the moment.
was looking on the sundia website and some of there limited edition diabolos are pretty cool
but these look awesome!

Olive

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
And I just got 3 crystal suns...  :-\ Gonna have to get a purple one

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »
those look lush! if only I could get a custom axle made since the ones on them are rubbish - too shallow and wide if you ask me - any one interested in making me some in titanium?

woot just got my paycheck - looks like if i can get some custom axles made up i got my new primaries
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

looby

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 01:57:43 AM »
if only I could get a custom axle made since the ones on them are rubbish - too shallow and wide if you ask me

I repsect everyone's opinion and such but don't you think that's a tad ott? 

I am of course bias towards the interests of the Messiah's (Nev's) business but still, the axles are fine from my 4 weeks of using them.  They feel very very smooth on the string and maintain stability.  I'm sure the majority will agree. 

It's nothing personal against you, just a bit off putting down a brand new (and very good) diabolo that one of our most valued members is selling to potentially new customers.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal