Author Topic: Lighter weight Sundia Sun diabolos (260g and new colours)  (Read 27812 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Lighter weight Sundia Sun diabolos (260g and new colours)
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 04:22:27 AM »
Oh the colour choices, the colour choices. 226g (with the black axles) is crazy. Thanks for getting them in, Nev, and continuing to facilitate the distribution of fine cutting edge diabolos to the diabolo community.

I agree, looby, the shape of the sun/fly axles is among my favourite. Then again I also like finesse wide axles. From the looks of this year's diabolo poll, many people are in agreement. Heck, Yabe agrees, and he's no slouch. ;)

But to each his own. No one diabolo will satisfy everyone.

Aaron Z

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow   :o

Those are the SEXIEST-looking diabolos I've ever seen, easily. I really wish I'd seen this sooner and not gotten the Crystal Sun- it looks awesome, but these look awesome + 1'000.

And now we wait until Christmas, Red + Purple!

Hopefully there will be information sooner rather than later if they are bringing out another new product, so I know what I should aim for... Nev?

martijn

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
Damn it! I just ordered 2 Suns, then realised the new ones were arriving soon and yeap - here they are. They look mighty fine. Choosing colours would be hard indeed. I'd love to try 'em out some time. Nice work Nev :-*

n3mo

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
All the colours are transparent - so LED's look great

I can attest, the LEDs look sick with suns, I have three clear/white ones. If someone wants it, i can get a pic of the suns in play with the light kits.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
If someone wants it, i can get a pic of the suns in play with the light kits.
My hand's up. :) A pic in normal light would be great too.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »
sorry if my opinion seemed ott but meh I don't like them - I apologize to anyone that was going to buy them and decided not too because of my outburst - you will never know if you like them until you try them ;)
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
You guys should just come to the ija and get the taiwanese kids to sell you their suns and flys... Tie-dye  ;D

n3mo

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »
so i tried...still learning how to use the night functions and such on my camera ^^;;

first the suns and light kits:

then with light kits attached:

with the lights on:

in the dark:

partially captured fan:

hover/wrap:

sprinker:

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:38 AM »
Thanks for the pictures. They weren't very nice quality though. Any chance of some side on pictures for the sake of seeing the light shine through?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Aaron Z

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »
Nev, you should really take more photos of the new suns for your Shop, but against a different background.

It's really hard to see the colors of each diabolo with the green background, go for a white, or better yet, a black one with light shining past.

martijn

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
I second that!

The new Suns with lights look a lot like a Crystal Sun with light kits :)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:07 AM »
Yeah - I know the current shop photo's are not great - I tried against a white background but that didn't work so well  - its hard to get a photo which does them justice - when I have some time I'll put up some better pictures and LED shots etc.

edit - I've now got some better pictures up on the shop (with dark backgrounds)

I've also added images with white backgrounds and also all the colours with LED's fitted - just click through to the product colour and you should now be able to select 4 different images for each colour available (Image 4 is the LED)

Here's the link http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=73

Hope they show up the colours a little better.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »
Mmmm... now those make them look much more appealing. Very helpful.

hibbo

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
Holy s==t

They look amazing, you better believe they're on the list for my birthday.   Do the LED's only come in red and green.  Not to sure what colour Diabolo's to get.

Nice one Nev
The food in the 'Burns Unit' sucks
Haggis Neeps and Tatties

nev

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:54 AM »
For those who have asked - All the colours are totally clear glass like transparent - not a milky or semi-transparent.

Here is a picture to shown how clear the transparency is
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Aaron Z

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2008, 03:02:14 AM »
Wow, it looks like even the nuts are colored. That might just be a reflection, though.
Is sundia still using the plain nuts that originally came with Suns, or have they started using Fly ones now?

My Crystal Sun keeps breaking in half because the nuts just fall off, I'm afraid to use it anywhere but in an empty hall.  :-[

nev

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2008, 10:24:20 AM »
Wow, it looks like even the nuts are colored. That might just be a reflection, though.
Is sundia still using the plain nuts that originally came with Suns, or have they started using Fly ones now?

My Crystal Sun keeps breaking in half because the nuts just fall off, I'm afraid to use it anywhere but in an empty hall.  :-[
No they're not coloured nuts - but they are now shiny silver instead of black.
& all the Sun models for a while now come with a small locking washer to hold everything nice and tight. (not needed with the plastic washers)

n3mo

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »
Do the LED's only come in red and green.  Not to sure what colour Diabolo's to get.

yeah, the LEDs only seem to have one choice.

speaking of weights, the folks at the store said there's actually 4 possible weights for flys now =P

jazz-man3

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »
i want one bad  ;) :D

flep

Re:
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
I don't like the cups, the old suns look better in my opinion.

However I thing of replacing my finesse's and buy some of these state-of-the-art diabolos :)
hell yeah!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal