Author Topic: Continuous wrapped mini-genocides  (Read 15788 times)

Green

Re: Continuous wrapped mini-genocides
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 06:36:48 AM »
I still can't do this with my left stick =(
Hello
is this your problem---when you first left backwrap the diabolo and let off the left stick to unwrap the diabolo but it just get more wraps?
if it is, i found a strange thing about this, when you want to unwrap the diabolo, you should pin the string straight up just after the  time when you let off the left stick, i found that it's useful to unwrap the left backwrap, and i found that if i  pin straight up the string too late, the diabolo just get more wraps. but i found that if the the diabolo is right backwrapped, and you want to let off the left stick to unwrap the diabolo , the time you  pin straight up should be later than the time you want to upwrap the diabolo when diabolo is left backwrapped.
Hope this can help you. :)

Here is my problem, when let off my right stick and unwrap the diabolo, and the swinging string always creat a right backwrap. it seems different form others(In Marijn's tutorial, he always creat a left backwrap to end continuous mini genocide) so am i correct? or should i correct my movement to creat the left backwrap?

cereal

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
hye

I'm also having trouble with this one , I guess all the info here will help alot
but the main thing to learn it still is a lot of practice
but what I think is weird that I find a normal mini geno (backside) is so easy
and this trick doesn't seem to work

cereal

JJesse

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
and this trick doesn't seem to work

You probably can figure out yourself that it will work with a bit of practise. Of course it works as people have filmed it many times ::)
I'm still working on getting the third genocide. I always run out of speed at the point of third.

Green

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:36 AM »
Hello
I watched some continuous wrapped mini-genocides vidoes these days, i found that almost everyone ends this trick with left backwrap, but i always end it with right backwrap, don't know i am right or not? or if i am doing something wrong ?
Could anyone please help me?
Thank you!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 06:23:04 AM »
It's pretty random for me which side I end up on by the end... I can get on a roll sometimes though and stay on one side. Regardless it doesn't matter. As long as you know what kind of wrap you're dealing with.

JimmyCords.

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:09 AM »
I find that once you have done your backwrap and let go of your stick, don't grab the string straigh away. Wait till the stick is at around about 3 o'clock (for righties) then pinch it and so on... I used to be only able to get it right of a left wrap, but using the method described above I found it possible to do them off a right backwrap. Hope this helps.
Jimmy.
Say Whaaaat?

Green

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 05:12:07 AM »
Thanks Sean and JimmyCords. :D You guys' answers help me learn something new.
I find that once you have done your backwrap and let go of your stick, don't grab the string straigh away. Wait till the stick is at around about 3 o'clock (for righties) then pinch it and so on... I used to be only able to get it right of a left wrap, but using the method described above I found it possible to do them off a right backwrap. Hope this helps.
Jimmy.
so i should wait until my right stick is at my right side and parallel to the ground then pinch straight up?
I'll try it today.

Thanks you guys' answers very much!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
Thanks Sean and JimmyCords. :D You guys' answers help me learn something new.so i should wait until my right stick is at my right side and parallel to the ground then pinch straight up?
I'll try it today.
Yea, that worked wonders for me because if you dont grab the string, you let the stick get momentum in the right direction. Just be wary of whether the stick has to pass in front of your hand or behind it.
Say Whaaaat?

Green

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
Yea, that worked wonders for me because if you dont grab the string, you let the stick get momentum in the right direction. Just be wary of whether the stick has to pass in front of your hand or behind it.
Thanks JimmyCords.  :D
i tried this method yesterday, i think i still need a lot of pracitce to grab the string at the right moment.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
Clear ups=

Continuous mini genocide= mini genocides alternating hands without switching. (tim ellis tutorial)

Slowicide mini-genocides= same hand, catching the stick meant for right hand, in left, then starting again. (as done by, ginger tom, pranay, marijn, ect.)
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Green

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »
Clear ups=

Continuous mini genocide= mini genocides alternating hands without switching. (tim ellis tutorial)

Slowicide mini-genocides= same hand, catching the stick meant for right hand, in left, then starting again. (as done by, ginger tom, pranay, marijn, ect.)
Thanks Diabolo Bro. :)

NiekG

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »
Ok I am really annoyed right now. All my integral attempts fail cause when I have to do a wrapped mini-gen, the stick NEVER passes the correct side of the string. Any tips? I'm going to slam my head into some walls.
Meh,

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
Any tips? I'm going to slam my head into some walls.
Thats a good tip. How about you think about why it isn't working, and change what you are doing so it does...

NiekG

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
Tried that. But it just doesn't work. I tried changing the angle of the swinging stick, tried pinching the string a bit faster, I just don't know.
Meh,

Mr.D

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
Ok I am really annoyed right now. All my integral attempts fail cause when I have to do a wrapped mini-gen, the stick NEVER passes the correct side of the string. Any tips?
I assume "wrapped mini-genocide" is a synonym to slowcide mini-genocide, am I right?
My tip:
I've noticed that the how you drop the stick on the left, or to be exact: where you drop the stick, has a big influence on how that stick will swing (of course) and if it will pass the string on the right or wrong side.

For example: I experience that if you drop the stick like  __ 8 --  , the stick will pass on the outer side of the string. If you drop the stick like   -- 8 --   or  ¨¨ 8 -- , it will pass on the inner side.
The way I do mini-genocide I usually get a left frontwrap, so I have to hold the left stick at the side of the diabolo (-8-) or further away (¨8-) when I drop it. However, if I get a right frontwrap, I have to hold the stick closer to me (_8-).

(Figures are watched from above. 8 is the diabolo. _-¨ are the sticks and where the left one is dropped [close _, middle - or far ¨].)

You should try and experiment with this. I hope it helps :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

D-Man

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
Well i see that everyones having problems with what wrap the continuous mini gen lands in but i can't even get to that part of the trick despite loads of effort (about 2 months) & browsing of this site :o(

My problem is when i have the diabolo in left backwrap and i swing the right stick round clockwise, i pull up with the string at 12 o clock but my diabolo just seems to fall to the ground before my sticks can re wrap. Am i being a complete boob and missing something here?

Sorry, i know there are tutorials which i have seen many times over and i'm sure someone has answered this question somewhere here but i just can't seem to find where.

Help please.

Thanks

gir

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:02 AM »
I think your issue is that you are waiting too long before pulling up on the string, if you wait until the diabolo is mainly upwrapped, then pulling tends to just pull the stick out from around it without actually applying much force to the diabolo. you have to pull while the string is sufficiently wrapped to pull the diabolo into the air

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal