Author Topic: Slackwhip Techniques  (Read 3559 times)

Aaron Z

Slackwhip Techniques
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:59:31 PM »
Hello.

I'm really into slackwhips at the moment, and trying to get onto some of the nicer looking ones. Plain C and J whips are really easy to get solid, but some of the others are quite difficult to get a hold of.

It'd be really helpful if people could share their techniques for slackwhips, like stick placement/movement and so on to make learning the tricky ones a little less tricky.

http://diabolotricks.com/Japanesewhips.htm#japanesecwhip

^^^ Those are the tricks you can refer to.

I'll start off:

Back Cup J-Whip:

Get the string slack the same way as a usual front cup j-whip, when drawing the J, hold your stick (assuming a right-hand whip) pointing upward at a 30* angle and point slightly to the right. Also, hold the stick slightly closer to yourself, the same distance closer to yourself as the rough width of your diabolo's cup.

It also helps to make the ending curve of the J motion a bit slower, this makes the loop a bit wider giving you a better chance of catching the diabolo cup.

Under the axle J-whip:

This one is all about trial & error. When learning, I found that it helps to start off without trying to catch the loop back on your stick, instead, keep throwing J-whips until you can consistently have the loop go clean under the axle and still have a good length of string to catch.

Once you've got this down, throw the J-whip under the axle and quickly- but smoothly point your right stick straight to the left and pointing slightly upward, then hold it over the diabolo's axle with only a short length of stick reaching over to make the catch.

That's pretty much all I've got to share right now.
Langerz, being the master of slacks would probably be the most experienced in this area, so hopefully he can give some help.

mofro

• Donator
Re: Slackwhip Techniques
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
dude this is kinda pointless. i think because any common slacks have got their own thread, and any particularly special ones are either so hard to do that you cant explain them, you just have to practice them. or people are not willing to disclose anything special/origional due to VOTW/Videos or the collaboration video. as you can see no replies in what 6 days?
think about it......
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

Get the string slack the same way as a usual front cup j-whip, when drawing the J, hold your stick (assuming a right-hand whip) pointing upward at a 30* angle and point slightly to the right. Also, hold the stick slightly closer to yourself, the same distance closer to yourself as the rough width of your diabolo's cup.

It also helps to make the ending curve of the J motion a bit slower, this makes the loop a bit wider giving you a better chance of catching the diabolo cup.

Well I find these information quite helpfull!

Aaron Z

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
Thankyou   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal