Author Topic: Web done by Trash  (Read 17740 times)

MattF

Web done by Trash
« on: November 14, 2004, 05:48:04 PM »
If anyone has seen the Brussels vidoes, on Trash's routine, he does this web thing by whipping the right stick so the string goes round both of them.

I tried doing this trick and can perform it about 1 in 10 times, but heres the thing. I don't understand it. I can do it, but the trick happens so fast that i can't see how the web is created. If anyone has successfully slowed down Trash's trick using adobe premiere or similar software, i would love to see it. Or if anyone has any tips on how to pull off the trick more efficiently.

Matt

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Web done by Trash
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 05:57:07 PM »
Its a clever 'slack-string' trick inspired by yo-yo (well it may not have been, but yo-yo players do a lot of similar stuff.

The string makes a loop over the edge of the stick and then wraps around the other string and then hooks over the end of the stick. Hmm, not a great description. I'll TRY and film it, but i can only do it sometimes.

Arjan

Web done by Trash
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 05:58:17 PM »
I can`t even understand that trick :?
Or anyother trick in that category... like Diabolumberto does in his freestyle routine at Brussels. I would love to understand this style of tricks.

MattF

Web done by Trash
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 06:00:29 PM »
it would be good if you can film it norbi. I bought a digital video camera today so i will try to film it when the battery is charged and post it. It looks more like a magic trick than a diabolo trick. Very impressive though

Matt

Sean

• Administrator
Web done by Trash
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 06:03:36 PM »
Sheesh... do I have to sit here making clips of videos all day!?  :roll:  :wink:

Here's that trick we're talking about:

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/trash_brussels_web_TEMP.mpg

These are temporary, ie. they may not be there in a week or two.

Sean

MattF

Web done by Trash
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 06:09:45 PM »
cheers sean :) perfect. i will try to slow it down to understand it.

Arjan

Web done by Trash
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 06:12:46 PM »
I don`t understand squad about it  :lol:  or am I using the words wrong again?  8) [Edit by Sean: I think you mean, "squat" not "squad" ;)]

seán_

Web done by Trash
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 08:16:15 PM »
There is a simmilar move that ends as a trapeze/stop over isn't there? I seem to recall seeing it on a japanese video. (i'll have a look)

Zanzibar (Julian Bouley) was trying them in Bristol.

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
Web done by Trash
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 08:19:48 PM »
Quote from: seán_
There is a simmilar move that ends as a trapeze/stop over isn't there?

Yes, there are many invented by the Japanese. Priam tried to teach me the basic move. I understand it but I'm hopeless at it :roll:  

Diabolumberto put up a nice little tutorial on the main ones on jongle.net not that long ago. Maybe I'll find the link to that thread sometime... or you could try searching.

Paul

Web done by Trash
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 08:40:53 PM »
What....... Eh?????????????? How on this not so green Earth does that work???!?!................I tried...................I got some daft knots and tangles................I sat down confused!!!
Peace

MattF

Web done by Trash
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 09:03:11 PM »
god yeah, you can get into some interesting tangles in the string which take 10 minutes to untangle  :roll:

murifri

Web done by Trash
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 10:39:38 AM »
It kind of loses it's impressiveness when you have to have about 10 goes at it before it starts working.  By then anyone I'm trying to show just says, 'oh, is that what you were trying to do.'

I find that it helps when you get the whipping stick into position and then move it upwards slightly to try and hook the end of the loop as it comes round the other string.

Arjan

Web done by Trash
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 11:42:03 AM »
This trick is still a mistery for me. I hope someone gets a clear video of it.

Dax

Web done by Trash
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 03:53:46 PM »
that's so crazy

seán_

Web done by Trash
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 10:11:57 PM »
Trash does a web  with an interesting exit in the Ryo Yabe WJF clip video available from this thread

P.s. Sean any luck on finding the  jongle.net thread?

Sean

• Administrator
Web done by Trash
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 12:36:53 AM »
Trash's web at the end of the Ryo video is the same web and exit he does in the other video on the net of him doing it - the Brussels freestyle. OK, well one is a full genocide and the other is a mini-genocide.

Here's the other thread on the whip tutorial by Diabolumerto:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=120

Sean

Sean

• Administrator
Web done by Trash
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 04:52:21 PM »
I noticed that this same topic is being discussed on Jongle.net right now. Thought I'd dust off my mildly adequate translation skills again and translate something from the man himself, Trash:

===================
The trick is extremely *difficult* (censored ;) ) to explain in writing. To summarize:

Your string starts off under your diabolo normally. You whip your right stick to create a loop of string on the right side from the outside (this loop should be using string just above the bottom third).  You thus create a loop above your right stick (like a stopover except that it doesn't have a diabolo inside it, but this loop only lasts 0.01 seconds - which means that the string stays a bit soft because of the initial impulse/movement).

In the same movement you pass this temporary loop of string AROUND the left string. You pass the end of your right stick through the remainder of the loop which passed on the other side (and yes, it is very small, it's like knitting). This all happens in 5 thousandths of a second.

Good luck.
===================

Hopefully I didn't strip that of all it's meaning.  :roll:

Sean

Chiok

• Donator
Web done by Trash
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 07:02:34 PM »
I saw this trick at the end of the Ryo Yabe WJF vid too and was just amazed at how it just appeared, very scary.  It took me a while to figure it out, but from what people have been saying on this topic, it's the same way I came about figure it out.
You have slack string from your dom. handstick which you whip over and around under the string on the weak hand, and then poke the dom. handstick through the loop from the string.

I've not actually been able to do this with a spinning diabolo standing up, only on the floor and still.  I can't seem to get enough slack string to go around, and to then stick the stick through to hold the web.  Probably need a longer string.  I do believe it is more of a knack thing that just happens, because it all occurs so quickly you just can't think about it, or it'll all go wrong.

It is definately a very innovative trick, I just can't comprehend how a person would come up with something like that.  It is (and many others) a testament to the ability of people in this skill.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Andy

Web done by Trash
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 11:28:01 PM »
Yeah, it took me a couple of days to figure out what was done, but i can do it now a few times in a row but its nothing ive got down perfectly. I havent managed the full suicide out but the mini one is quite easy to do once there. Keep at it, like any other trick it just takes practice of the right movements.
I found that doing as trash does - having a lot of string on your dominant side and then almost but not quite hopping the diabolo up so that the string can slacken fully and make it all the way round.
Having your weaker stick near horizontal and your dominant one ending up near vertical also helps.
hope you can make sense of this....

Zaheer

Re: Web done by Trash
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 07:17:05 AM »
I know 3 people in the same area as me that can do it about 7 times in a row including me ;D yay!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal