Author Topic: Normal progress for a beginner?  (Read 5665 times)

sasuke_2255

Normal progress for a beginner?
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:07:13 PM »
Is it good to catch a infinite suicide on my 4th day of being a diaboloer? My friend found it weird that i learned infinite suicide before i learned suicide and Chinese suicide. Do you think i will be able to do a 2d shuffle in 2 weeks or less?
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Diabolo Bro

Re: Normal progress for a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you don't need prerequisites or anything to try a trick, if you want to try, try. They can help with technique and stuff, but you don't need them to learn a trick. 2d, hmmm if you practice and have two good diabolos then sure, it only took me a day of training.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

sasuke_2255

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you don't need prerequisites or anything to try a trick, if you want to try, try. They can help with technique and stuff, but you don't need them to learn a trick. 2d, hmmm if you practice and have two good diabolos then sure, it only took me a day of training.

I'm getting my own diabolos Monday 2 Finesse G3.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

thetemple94

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
I would say that thats brilliant! On my fourth day of doing diabolo I learnt Trapeze.
Good Luck on the long road to excellence, I salute you.

Temps
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

JJesse

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
It took me 2 weeks to learn to accelerate 1D. Inf suicide on 4th day is... incredible!

sasuke_2255

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
It took me 2 weeks to learn to accelerate 1D. Inf suicide on 4th day is... incredible!

I had someone like show me what i had to do for them though :/. I attempted Inf. Suicide on my 3rd day because he told me about it and showed me. I was able to make the rotations in the first 30 minutes but hadn't attempted to catch it until the fourth day.

Logoman04 you should give credit to since he helped me alot!
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:38:44 PM »
Oooh your logans friend.  2d shuffle, hmmm, I still thinking on that, i remember trying it about ten times in circus arts when I was just learning.  I could get about ten wierd catches, every so often, but I could shuffle, I think I learned so fast not because 2d is easy, but because I had learned a lot with 1d, I did a vertax genocide about a week after I learned 2d.

Ethan

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 01:51:13 AM »
ahh circus arts... good times, i remember us failing continuously at 2d, basically all we had were whip catches and string climbs, but staying on topic i think with a good understanding of the shuffle and a good enough teacher you can expect to be doing 2D fairly soon
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

logoman04

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 02:54:39 AM »
One thing until i see you next, PRACTICE and then PRACTICE... and the PRACTICE, then if you want to, PRACTICE some more.
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
Sasuke, don't worry about how fast you learn. In the end you will learn everything you want to learn, and does it matter if it takes you 10 days, instead of 5? No, of course not! Time is relative, 5 extra days seems long now, but when you look back in a few years those 5 days will seem extremly irrelevant.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

pippy

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
It took me nearly 2 months of on-off practicing before I could do a 2D shuffle.  I ended out devoting 4 hours in pure anger to the shuffle, and voila! It clicked.  I think its more of a personal thing when it comes to progressing with diabolo.
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »
How many rotation can you do, Because sure you can do 3 rotations and catch, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can do an infinite suicide, even if you can do it every time, and infinite suicide is a controlled movement which you can pretty much keep going until you find yourself bored. 2d is kind of similar. If you just watch them going around on the string and flail, and you get three catches it isn't because you can do 2d, 2d is a lasting controlled motion, which operates acording to the diabolos.

sasuke_2255

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
How many rotation can you do, Because sure you can do 3 rotations and catch, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can do an infinite suicide, even if you can do it every time, and infinite suicide is a controlled movement which you can pretty much keep going until you find yourself bored. 2d is kind of similar. If you just watch them going around on the string and flail, and you get three catches it isn't because you can do 2d, 2d is a lasting controlled motion, which operates acording to the diabolos.
When we filmed it i got 4, that was the pretty much the first time i tried with logans carbon fiber handsticks. I was using the wooden ones most and i could get like 6 but the string kept getting shorter and made it harder to get more then 6
One thing until i see you next, PRACTICE and then PRACTICE... and the PRACTICE, then if you want to, PRACTICE some more.

I told Alex I would practice 8 hours a day :p. Next time you come over I got another camera but it saves to a sd chip so bring your sd card adapter thing xD. We also have a tripod I didn't know about.

Sasuke, don't worry about how fast you learn. In the end you will learn everything you want to learn, and does it matter if it takes you 10 days, instead of 5? No, of course not! Time is relative, 5 extra days seems long now, but when you look back in a few years those 5 days will seem extremly irrelevant.

I know but i want to be able to do a 2d shuffle before logoman04 gets here.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

juzooboy

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
Is it good to catch a infinite suicide on my 4th day of being a diaboloer? My friend found it weird that i learned infinite suicide before i learned suicide and Chinese suicide. Do you think i will be able to do a 2d shuffle in 2 weeks or less?

hholy!! on my fourth day i can do only weird throws and whip catch's! and welcome to diabolo.ca ! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal