Author Topic: Itunes on movie maker?  (Read 4427 times)

popohuterdog

Itunes on movie maker?
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
i have made a few videos for youtube which have worked pretty well except for one problem
when i try to convert itunes to mp3 format most of the song say that it cannot be converted to another format
so i cannot get the songs i want for my videos
someone please help!!!

fzzyrn

Re: Itunes on movie maker?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
did you get your songs from the itunes store?
if so, they're protected or something like that

try burning to a cd and then ripping. it should be unprotected

Jonny_

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:54:43 PM »
<cut>Please keep it legal. -Sean

fzzyrn

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
now THAT is just blatantly illegal

itunes burning is just a grey area

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:47:30 PM »
Yeah, iTunes burning is a grey area, depending on where you live. Soon it won't be in Canada though! Technically adding music that you don't own the rights to (or have permission to use) to any video that you release publicly is illegal. But, depending on what you're using is for, and it's not for profit, it's still a grey area on the internet it seems.

Don't forget that iTunes plus songs don't have that protection that keeps you from re-encoding them, and I believe they now cost the same. Of course, they're not always available, but you can upgrade your songs within a certain time frame too.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »
I recently got an email that snowbound, my video would be potentially removed, because of music copyright reasons, but I added in the names of the songs and artists and it's apparenty (asuming) fine for now, as Nothings happened in the four months after I got the email.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

popohuterdog

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
wow i didnt know that just using the songs is illegal
coz every1 dus it
dont worry i always use the legal stuff no limewire or stuff
its just frustrating i have songs i bought on itunes that would be perfect for some of my videos
thanks anyway guys
here is the link to the video i made anyway if ppl are interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q5C_3oy8NA

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »
Technically adding music that you don't own the rights to (or have permission to use) to any video that you release publicly is illegal. But, depending on what you're using is for, and it's not for profit, it's still a grey area on the internet it seems.

I recently got an email that snowbound, my video would be potentially removed, because of music copyright reasons, but I added in the names of the songs and artists and it's apparenty (asuming) fine for now, as Nothings happened in the four months after I got the email.

Intellectual property law is not my area however, as I understand it, the owner of the video is not in breach of copyright law if the owner does not assume ownership of the music that's on the video. Therefore, by quoting the name of the musician on your video you will not be assuming ownership of the music on it. As Sean says, it's likely that grey areas exist and this may in part be dependant on the laws of your country and the use etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal