Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2008: Request for Videos  (Read 27491 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2008: Request for Videos
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 01:12:12 PM »
Mine and Jake's clips are on the upload now. Don't worry Martijn. I censored out all Jakes nudity and other obscene actions.
Prepare to be shocked.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

n3mo

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »
damn, im afraid im not much of the innovative type. i'll give it a try though =D
*starts practicing*
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Squiggle

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »
Mine and Jake's clips are on the upload now. Don't worry Martijn. I censored out all Jakes nudity and other obscene actions.
Prepare to be shocked.
Sent it to me so I know if I have to refilm, don't think I actually got any clean tricks...
nice post timing BTW

Collin

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 09:23:12 PM »
  :-[ I'm nervous!!!! I attempted to find the file by publishing my vids to youtube, copying and pasting the raw file into the "file 1" and "file 2", then taking the vids off youtube, I hope it works! DX
Why are so many diaboloists British anyways?

luabduch

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »
We (Me and Guilherme (my diabolo partner)) will record our videos on this week and on the next week....with a good and real camera this time (our friend will record it to us)

I'm waiting good things..

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 02:53:02 AM »
  :-[ I'm nervous!!!! I attempted to find the file by publishing my vids to youtube, copying and pasting the raw file into the "file 1" and "file 2", then taking the vids off youtube, I hope it works! DX
I've replied to your e-mail, but just to be clear for other people - this will not work. You need to upload your video in DV-AVI (might look like DV-NTSC or DV-PAL in your software) to a server somewhere and then paste the link into the form. Unless you have your own server, try http://mediafire.com/  It's free, easy, and fast for files up to 100mb. Your file should probably be in the 30-100mb range.

Another reminder: don't give away the surprise of your clip by posting it to a public video site like youtube or juggling.tv (unless you keep it as a private video).

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:37 AM »
I'm assuming what I used last year was ok since it got in.
I don't know what to film. I don't have any outstanding never seen before new tricks. Not with diabolo anyway. :(

luabduch

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
I send our juggling.tv videos for the championship (if you like something..) but I'll send more things soon....

but I had no answer...

??

Paino

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »
i think i migt do some stuff with l e d stuff

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 01:17:14 AM »
I thought the idea was to not reveal what you were doing..?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 05:50:03 AM »
I'm assuming what I used last year was ok since it got in.
If I remember correctly, the frame rate was a bit low... but I may not be remembering correctly - there were a lot of videos and contributors! Make sure it is at least 25 frames per second.

I send our juggling.tv videos ... but I had no answer...
That's because Martijn is away at the EJC right now. I get a copy of the submitted forms, but I've been trying not to step in or watch the clips unless necessary. We got the submission. I'm not sure if Martijn is planning to reply to all people who submit videos, unless there's a problem.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 06:03:35 AM »
If I remember correctly, the frame rate was a bit low... but I may not be remembering correctly - there were a lot of videos and contributors! Make sure it is at least 25 frames per second.
aww, that sucks, I'm out then.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 06:16:32 AM »
aww, that sucks, I'm out then.
Send in what you can! Do you know anyone with a real video camera? Even many digital cameras record video at reasonable frame rates now.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 08:08:05 AM »
I don't know anyone up here that has one I could use. I think my camera films at only 10 frames per second. But somehow it was ok last year. I'll make something and send it in. If it gets rejected then....oh well. I might be able to get a camera from uni......I'll see.

fzzyrn

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 12:38:35 PM »
pay dirt!
I just ordered myself a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4S, which coincidentally does 480i at 30fps...

It cost like $220, which makes feel proud of myself. I could have gotten the TZ5, whihc does 720i and 720p, but i dont have the kind of memory card capacity.

Sorry if this seems ALOT like product placement. I got the idea from watching I, Robot.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »
I have a TZ3 which also does 480i at 30fps

The Lumix is a fantastic still camera - highly recommended for this -  but the video quality is no better than OK.

I still use my 7yr old Sony DV camcorder for video - it still knocks the pants off the Lumix.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

fzzyrn

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
The TZ4 (the S stood for silver. just figured that out) looks decentish for video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtRVeDaxHms&fmt=18

maybe the sensors better or something, but you're right, the sony (or any video camera) will totally beat the lumix. You have to watch it in high quality.

luabduch

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »
ok....now I understood...

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
Can it be a combo with simple tricks but a combo that someone else could build further?

Because I can't do any special tricks that I made up myself or something in that genre..

I can onley do the normal tricks everybody can do..

And also.. Lets say I did simple tricks on a extremley weird location and made something special about it? Does that counts to?

luabduch

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
I think that: everything counts!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal