Author Topic: 2d excalibur/vertax theory  (Read 28068 times)

viiru

2d excalibur/vertax theory
« on: April 07, 2005, 06:23:06 PM »
After a little mindstorm I came up with a theory how this could be done (has someone actually done this or is it just a legend?)

Method 1.

Righthand diabolo to frontwrap, left hand diabolo to backwrap (or isit darksidewrap?), toss the left one with your wrist while doing exca and as a result you have double excalibur with diabolos spinning to opposite directions. I managed to do this about 3 seconds by accident reeeeally wobbly. don't know if it is possible to do this correctly.

Aaro from kumiankka has actually done sun with 2d almost upright position (and does 1d excalibur not by whipping, but with orbit thrusts) and he had also a bit more realistic approach to do 2d exca which is spinning to left while doing whipping. Requires a good toss upwards when diabolo comes near left hand.

More ideas?

(offtopic: I really wonder if people are actually being honest in introduce yourself section. If someone says that has been diaboling about a month and is working on genocide variations or 2d stuff, it really doesn't sound true to me...)
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 09:03:18 AM »
Great idea. In fact, I've been thinking about 2d excalibur.
For me, it is the simplest entry: take the wrapping acceleration (continually), with right hand on this(body) side and left hand on back side. This picture is painted by looking down on from overhead position.

When 2 diabolos become excalibur form, I try to excalibur sprinkler but it has never worked well. Has anyone done it well or thought out other entry?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:51:54 AM »
vertax* s-fan. Someone has to be able to get that s-fan going on the Vert' ax' come on Tijn and Gherkin, and maybe other like Sean, get yer ass in gear and do it.

Norbi
--------------------------------
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk
norbi@norbithejuggler.co.uk

*call it by it's name!

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 12:39:22 PM »
i've got close once or twice but my corrections are far from perfect atm and need alot more work before I can efficiently get into and out of a vertax (just for you Norbi  :wink: ) s-fan, one thing tho, can anybody think of a way once in the right position to exit the s-fan into maybe some vertax tricks with 2D?  Sounds to me like the ideal "shuffle" in vertax will likely be the s-fan, but where to go from there?

Martijn

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 01:56:55 PM »
Quote from: norbi
vertax s-fan. Someone has to be able to get that s-fan going on the Vert' ax' come on Tijn and Gherkin, and maybe other like Sean, get yer ass in gear and do it.

Well, first I have to get my S-Fan solid :oops: Honestly, I can't correct them at all... :(

arnie

• VotW Contributor
2d excalibur sun
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 03:45:06 PM »
hey peeps, just a kinaesthetic(sp?) thought. leave u lot to do the hard bit of actually getting the trik lol but here is a vid of an idea

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=92

steve arnold (too busy with non-original tricks)   :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 08:19:12 PM »
Quote from: JGherkin
i've got close once or twice but my corrections are far from perfect atm and need alot more work before I can efficiently get into and out of a vertax (just for you Norbi  :wink: ) s-fan, one thing tho, can anybody think of a way once in the right position to exit the s-fan into maybe some vertax tricks with 2D?  Sounds to me like the ideal "shuffle" in vertax will likely be the s-fan, but where to go from there?

Yeah, vertax is a better name anyway, it actually means something AND it sounds better and is quicker/easier to say, come on, catch on. As for tricks, how about mini genocide exit (possible) and then into regular fan maybe, just a thought.

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 08:21:55 PM »
Theoratical that is possible Norbi. But that will be godlike. In the future (and now already) I guess we see a lot people specializing into this relatively new thing.

seán_

Re: 2d excalibur sun
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 01:51:53 AM »
Quote from: arnie
hey peeps, just a kinaesthetic(sp?) thought. leave u lot to do the hard bit of actually getting the trik lol but here is a vid of an idea

steve arnold (too busy with non-original tricks)   :D

Arnies clip is now online. He's heading down the same route as Aaro I believe.
(not the route Sean will be taking I think, I'm sure the s fan way will interest him more ;) )

I'm wondering about the possibilities of tricks using this method?

Sean

• Administrator
Re: 2d excalibur sun
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 03:03:14 AM »

Um, is it just me or has there been a mix up of files? I'm seeing a sweet slackstring blind bounce catch.  :-s

seán_

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 03:44:45 AM »
I said it was an interesting way of approaching vertax :oops:
hopefully Arnie will notice that he hosted the wrong one, I have sent the right one (possibly)

arnie

• VotW Contributor
oops!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 09:34:19 AM »
Oops sorry!!

here is the correct one, muchous apologies

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=98

(it should come up in about 24 hours cos its jugglethis)

arnie

viiru

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 07:20:56 AM »
I actually did this trick today!!!! with a whipping !!!!. There isn't enough (!!!!!!) signs in the world to describe my feeling!!!

Now please someone come over here with a proper camcorder so I can prove this to the whole world!!!

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 11:41:06 AM »
what way did u do it? vertax or sun?

juggleBG

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 05:48:19 PM »
Alex Z. had a decent go at vertax the other day at school.  I've seen him do better, but they all pretty much look the same.  He gets pretty close to vert and the spin dies.  The trick at the end is a 2d nifty double sprinkler release from his routine.  
http://www.jugglethis.net/files/videos/two%20tricks.mov

CM: That's like.... pointless.

viiru

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 08:23:02 PM »
what way did u do it? vertax or sun?

With whipping (is it a proper word?) as I described in my first post. Only 3 "catches" but still. Didn't manage to do it anymore when I tried :/. Might be because starting the 1st of May (yes, it is a huge party here) already yesterday and continuing it today :). I'll try to make some video material for next week.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »
I have also found a new way into two excalibur, which it lasts about 1-3 seconds on the horizontal plane for me.  All you do is put your left hand higher, and a little more in the front of your right stick so the string corrects and tilts both diabolos. Be sure that the tilt of both diabolos is the same, or everything will go wrong. To get the 2d higher and on a horizontal plane, you will have to use tons of force to push them to stay on the plane, so I discovered that using your sticks to push them may help a little. My skills arent so great at even one excalibur, so I can only do 2d excalibur for a short time. But maybe this will help out the better, more skilled diaboloists. I hope I will get better at it so I can try to get a little video of it.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

ming

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 05:20:38 PM »
yeah works alright if you get them going for a bit that way then switch to doing constant right suns they get near vertical. I'm still waiting for someone to do an excalibur s-fan. sean? gherkin?

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 05:35:28 PM »
Yes! Doing the suns really helps out more. Thatll be amazing to see someone actually doing an excalibur Sfan. hmm, did anyone try excalibur sprinker?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

seán_

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »
Quote from: ming
...I'm still waiting for someone to do an excalibur s-fan. sean? gherkin?

Barnesy? The Void?
(I got the impression that they spent a good part of Bungay working on this)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal