Author Topic: 2 Diabolo "Feeding" Tricks  (Read 7850 times)

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
2 Diabolo "Feeding" Tricks
« on: April 02, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »
In Diabology (and also on the trailer) Remi performs a move where 1d is thrown about head high, he then does a sun (pirouette in this case) with the other and catches the thrown d half way around.
Ive been experimenting with this idea recently and would like to know if there is a general name for any tricks involving catching a d mid sun.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:15:48 PM »
I think Priam has called this "feeding a sun".
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 11:52:35 PM »
That sounds reasonable. I think I remember Priam calling the move where he throws one diabolo up, does a one diabolo sun, and then catches the second diabolo into a clockwise fan as "feeding the sun".

Remi's trick you're referring to in diabology has great visual appeal. I don't think I've seen anyone else do it with as much style as Remi.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 01:25:33 AM »
yeah sean, I think we're talking about the same conversation. I think he said it was where you do a sun with 1 or 2 (or 3!), and then go right into a sun with an additional diabolo. I figured remi's trick qualified.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »
So would it be fair to refer to any trick involving catching a d while in the middle of something else as a "feed".
If so, you may like to try a "darkside feed to s-fan" if you can work it out :wink:

martijn

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 04:40:29 PM »
Quote from: Dave P
If so, you may like to try a "darkside feed to s-fan" if you can work it out :wink:

I don't know how it looks like... Well, I think it looks like a trick of the week :D

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 04:49:59 PM »
The feature soon to be renamed 'S-fan of the week'   :P

seán_

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »
at first I thought thats a way of describing your rocket wrap to sfan Dave, (I got into it in perth, the fan bit looked like I had a couple of half bricks tied to my string though), now I'm not too sure. I remember you playing about with feeds in Nottingham, bet you have something flash

Have you access to a camera Dave, I'm still getting badgering these slack jugglers to get me those clips from Nottingham I'll shout at them again this week. (then we can have a non sfan totw :) )

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 05:56:10 PM »
Quote from: barnesy
The feature soon to be renamed 'S-fan of the week'   :P

Sorry :oops:  there has been a bit of a theme running hasn't there!

Quote from: Seán
at first I thought thats a way of describing your rocket wrap to sfan Dave, (I got into it in perth, the fan bit looked like I had a couple of half bricks tied to my string though), now I'm not too sure. I remember you playing about with feeds in Nottingham, bet you have something flash

It's different, and really nice, I'm working on a backwards version at the moment but you may have to wait for a while 'cos:

Quote from: seán
Have you access to a camera Dave, I'm still getting badgering these slack jugglers to get me those clips from Nottingham I'll shout at them again this week

No :( Ive only a crappy old vhs-c and no idea how to get it onto my computer.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 07:32:13 PM »
Quote from: Dave P
No :( Ive only a crappy old vhs-c and no idea how to get it onto my computer.

I'll have you know that all the videos I've made up until January of this year were made with a crappy old vhs-c camera. It is a bit of a pain and the quality isn't always great, but if you have a TV tuner card it is possible.

If you're interested let me know and I can help you out... all in the name of finally seeing all these great tricks I keep hearing about, of course. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal