Author Topic: How to make your finesse a wide axle for serious cheap  (Read 2371 times)

fzzyrn

How to make your finesse a wide axle for serious cheap
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »
We all know that the finesse's axle is actually sunk into the hubs (its not flush with the surface, that is). Mr B give you the option of buying a wide axle evolution kit, but i've figured out a way to do it for practically free, giving you a "Chinesse" type axel (for more information about the chinesse, read my thread and review of the 2g chinesse http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4583.0)

For this mod, you will need:
2 pairs of washers big enough to fit the axle of the diab snugly-ishly (they should be like a medium-sized kind of "standard" washer)
nothing else

Instructions:
Disassemble your finesse
Begin to reassemble it. Put the one cup, its washer (the big plastic one), and a hub onto the inner axle.
Place two (or as many washers are you need to get the hub flush with the string surface) onto the inner axle and hub.
Put the outer axle onto the inner axle (funny how that works out. they just happen to be called the same thing). The outer axle should be flush with the hubs.
Do the same thing to the other side.

Enjoy your wide axle knowing it cost you virtually nothing.

Chiok

• Donator
Re: How to make your finesse a wide axle for serious cheap
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
I don't follow this entirely unfortunately, some pictures might be more helpful perhaps?

Are you essentially adding washers that are the same size as the undercut/recess on the Finesse hubs to make them flush again?  Essentially making the diabolo 1-1.5mm wider on each side?  Doesn't seem much wider to me, does this impact on performance much?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

thetemple94

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
Screw that, I just stick a Harlequin Medium axle on it.  ;D

Temps
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

fzzyrn

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
Chiok- you've got it. Surprisingly, it does have a considerable impact on performance. I can essentially use all the poor form in vertax that i want, and grinds and finger grinds are alot easier to do.

thetemple94- good idea, but this way you only need to buy washers, which cost all of nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal