Author Topic: Half-minigenocide - new trick?  (Read 3159 times)

timmy

Half-minigenocide - new trick?
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:44:09 PM »
I think I have come up with a new trick, I'm calling it a half mini-gen for now, let me now if you've seen it before or if its already a trick.

Start with open string, do a LBW and slowcide, catch the right hand string instead of the stick. Bounce the diabolo in the air, to the right about shoulder hight and spin the right stick towards it, in a counter clockwise direction. Let the string run through your hand and wrap around the diabolo. Let go of the string at about 9 o'clock and catch the stick at about 3. You should now be in LBW again.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Half-minigenocide - new trick?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
I find it pretty hard to follow the text description. Could you make a short video? I think people could then be much more helpful, and I'd be interested to see this.

timmy

Re: Half-mini-genocide - new trick?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »
Yeah sure, may be a while because I have work all this week and will be away from home, I'll try to fit it in. Still need to perfect it. Yeah sorry, I didn't know how to explain it any clearer, the end is basically the same as a tomicide after the string catch except the diabolo is thrown off the string first if that helps at all.
I'll try to get a video up sometime this week.

luabduch

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »
well...I don't understand the hole text but sounds interesting...

make a video please..

Robski

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »
Well, if I know what it means, it's a really old one.
From what I understand, you are mini-genociding without going into a backside postion.

JimmyCords.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »
I think wat he is explaining is basically a wrapped mini genocide, but starting with more emphasis on the slowicide. Anyway, i reckon this variation would look quite good.
Say Whaaaat?

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »
i think its just diabolo on the string, no wrap, swinging the right stick counterclockwise, and then pop the diabolo up, and do the second half of a basic minigenocide. nice work thinking of it by yourself, but I'm afraid people have done it before!
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 04:41:39 PM »
Not the same entry, but is the principle the same as what Tom does around 2:36 during the combo [1]? He does the basic mini-gen, then follows it up with what I think is the described trick.

[1] see video:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTnFQd9W_A

GuiZ

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
Couldn't see this video above  :-\

So..it sounds interesting..but make a video , please..it will help a LOT  :D

GuiZ
^^
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

timmy

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
It's very similar to what Tom does yeah, same idea. Just the last half of a minigenocide. He does a different entry to mine.
Sorry may not be a video for a while, one of my sticks just broke in half.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal