Author Topic: Odd cradle: can't figure it out (lamecide)  (Read 3007 times)

ETAMark

Odd cradle: can't figure it out (lamecide)
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
This might make me seem kind of nooby, I don't know, but there's a slick cradle where the strings are held and the sticks are parallel over the diabolo. I've seen it in many a video, such as the beginning of Pranay's JIF III and I can't figure it out and I can't look up a tutorial because I don't know what it is called. I have googled and searched diabolo.ca and diabolotricks.com and I can't find it anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
Re: Odd cradle: can't figure it out (lamecide)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
Hello,

I think the family of tricks you are referring to are slackwhips, that can often lead to cradles.There are many different types and many variations. They are great fun however, take time to get used to.

Some of the common ones are called J-Whip (underwhip) C-Whip and Trash Web. You can pop all of these into cradles. If you saerch the forum and you tube for slackwhips and the other names above, you will hopefully find what you are looking for. :)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
Doesn't he mean the general lamecide, like in Duncans votw?
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4940.0
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »
Ahh, the integral lamecide. A classic crowd pleaser.
To begin start a left backside cat's cradle. Pop the diabolo up and catch it where the strings cross, missing the string section nearest to your body. If you do it right, there will be a string near each of your hands running from the stick to the diabolo. Pinch both of these strings and let go of the sticks. The string should wrap around each stick, holding them vertical, leaving you holding just the string.
To exit let go of the string and catch the sticks. This should leave you with a wrap around the diabolo's axle.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

ETAMark

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:56:39 AM »
Thanks guys. I was looking for the lamecide I guess. Didn't expect it to have such a disappointing name though. . . Thanks again!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:38:05 AM »
Didn't expect it to have such a disappointing name though. . .
It's not disappointing, it's just... lame. :)

I updated the thread subject to make this easier to search for in the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal