Author Topic: Taibolo Kits...?  (Read 4692 times)

Aaron Z

Taibolo Kits...?
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
I was lookin' around for Taibolo information on the net, and I found a very strange picture... Not sure if it's new.

They look pretty cool.

nev

• Donator
Re: Taibolo Kits...?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »
They are still in development and are not available to buy yet
No details on pricing so far (but I have been pre-warned that they will be expensive)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
Great, more money already spent!

Aaron Z

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 01:28:58 AM »
No details on pricing so far (but I have been pre-warned that they will be expensive)

I think I know what you mean. A Taibolo diabolo is "NT$800" And these are "NT$1100".
A modification kit more expensive than a diabolo? Better be good.

mykill

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »
looks like another trip to taiwan by a family member to get these for me.  ;)
plus i can get a cheaper one cuz im buying directly from the makers who we're friends with   ;D
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »
...A modification kit more expensive than a diabolo? Better be good.
Looks like the kit might be sold with the diabolo though, since the normal Taibolos are opaque. I doubt the kit itself would be more than a diabolo... but who knows.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
That light kit tooks very similar to a light kit i have to another diabolo that I don't use because the diabolo itself is terrible. It's just two cups and a brass axle. But, the lights are so nice. I think they're probably LED lights.

Aaron Z

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »
That light kit tooks very similar to a light kit i have to another diabolo that I don't use because the diabolo itself is terrible. It's just two cups and a brass axle. But, the lights are so nice. I think they're probably LED lights.

Picture, please.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
It looks really, really cool. Wondering though how something that big in the center will affect the stability of the diabolo (Taibolos are very stable but also pretty light correct)? Even though my lightkits for Circuses are lightweight and the circus is heavier you can still "feel" them being there. Does it make a big difference that it´s round in design anyone have a guess?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
OK they are in stock now here (sorry no pics on the store just yet).

Its not an add-on LED kit, but a whole LED diabolo - basically a Taibolo with transparent cups and some very bright LEDs installed.

They come in 5 colours - White, Blue, Purple, Green & Yellow.

The LED's have 3 different coloured lights per side & can be set to constant on or to flash.
& the led's are set on a stagger (one close to axle, one center & one nearer rim) so you get a nice 3 band effect.

Exactly the same axle / hubs and cup shape as the normal Taibolo.

Weight is 275g.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

looby

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »
I think this might be a BJC purchase.  I can't justify buying more diabolos but those are so very tempting.

How easy is battery replacement etc good sir?  Best colour?
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »
Nev, how do they feel? Big difference to normal V1 Taibolos?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
How easy is battery replacement etc good sir?  Best colour?
The battery replacement involves removing the unit (simply screws off) & unscrewing the cover.  Each side takes 2x CR2032 batteries.
Best colour? I'm a sucker for purple and white diabolo's so I'd say that - all pretty nice though.

Nev, how do they feel? Big difference to normal V1 Taibolos?
The cups are a bit more slippy for corrections, but apart from that, they feel every bit a Taibolo.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Hi Nev. these look great.

I'm a huge fan of my crystals due to their amazing visability for the player, and the fact the weight is perfect.

In terms of "waw factor" would these be much better than my current Crystal set up? Also is their a difference in visability for the player with the different colours of cup also compared to crystal?

Laterz!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal