Author Topic: revertax?  (Read 2726 times)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
revertax?
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:33 AM »
i had this idea a couple of days ago, its kinda like vertax except instead tilting back and turning left, you make it tilt forward and turn right. i have been able to sustain it fora little bit, but i'm not sure if its possible. Any ideas?

p.s. i will try to get a video. i'm not sure when

edit- i was going to call it reversetax, i'm not sure which one though
can't believe its not butter

Aaron Z

Re: revertax?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
It sounds to me like "Vertax, only way harder and messier to get into, sustain, and exit with no noticeable benefits whatsoever, trick wise or under any condition".

I'm all for exploring the Diabolo, but not unnecessarily complicating tricks without better result.

'Trying to think of something constructive to say, but I truly can't build on this idea.

Sorry  :-\

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
Yeah that's possible. But with proper technique you don't have to turn at all. Turning clockwise helps learning that technique.

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
This can be seen briefly in the 2006 Collaboration Video, 1:03. Martijn passing with John at the Irish EJC.

...with no noticeable benefits whatsoever, trick wise or under any condition".
As shown in the video, it's a good way to set up vertax passing between left-handed and right-handed players.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »
Oh sorry I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought that you meant turning to the right in normal vertax. My bad.

Bizzat1

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:32:26 PM »
Didn't Marko make a video exploring this idea?

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5169.0

Or maybe I am mistaken...

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
I got the idea. Nice. Works out pretty well and is not that hard even.
Yes, i have done some exploration in there. Basically this is the wrong handed up vertax, so you end up having backside on the right side. As some people might have realized the 4 point vertax has actually 8 points if you count both spinning directions. 8 points which all can be accomplished by eighter tilting diabolo towards you or away from you. This would be one of the 8.

Now if you want to try that do the same thing as i do on the 4point vertax video for my left hand but use you right hand instead. Even the lift from down to up is the same (turning 180 during lift helps a lot). Remember all the tilting stuff, and you'll get in no time since your doing it on your better hand.

Oh, don't want to point any fingers here but just one small thing. It's about the turning direction, the easiest way is still to turn left. Right turn is still to the awkward direction.
If you're looking for turning some other vertax "points" are so much easier.
This actually is very nice and i gotta thank you, knew it was there and tried it once or twice. But seeing this post made me try some more and realize how fun it really is.

I should change name of my workshop to "vertax in 8 points" from now on. Though i have to work on last two points to be able to show all of them. The next step would be the regular left handed vertax. :)
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal