Author Topic: Langerz 2D Eiffel  (Read 4769 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Langerz 2D Eiffel
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
Can anyone explain it in detail? I can do the beginning with the two slackwhips but I don´t understand how to go into the Eiffel afterwards (I´m a rightie so it quickly gets confusing when the arms start to rotate).

Also I don´t understand how you actually create the Eiffel after the rotation, it seems you need to jump out of the slack somehow? Is this correct?

Toby

• Donator
Re: Langerz 2D Eiffel
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »
practise the same slack with just 1D, so left wrap, underwhip onto front cup, reject it and slakc it onto the back cup. then do a left unwrap and finally let the slack come off the front cup to get your eiffel. when you understand that you'll be able to do it with 2 no problems.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:47:22 PM »
It shouldn't be all that confusing... just work think of the left as your right... And toby is right, as soon as you can do it with 1d the 2d one becomes fairly simple... Plus hes given you one shagadelic explanation!

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »
yeah do it with 1d first. its well easy once you can do that. nevs one is way harder.

lz

perfect explanation toby.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
diabolo88, Langerz 2d eiffel cleverly releases into a left wrap (drop everything and wrap and you are in a left wrap) unlike Nev's which was the first 2d eiffel i believe which would give a horrendous knot if dropped.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »
OK, guess my problem was doing it with 2D first (never done that on any other trick so stupid by me).

I will start practicing it with 1D first tomorrow. Thank you very much all of you for the good help.

EDIT: I can do it now fairly solid and it´s one of the few 2D-tricks I have done that actually have made my dad go "wow". Big thank you again everyone for all the help.

About Nevs Eiffel, I haven´t seen it but it if Langerz says it´s "way harder" maybe it would be good to wait with that one ;).

nev

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:02:40 PM »
diabolo88, Langerz 2d eiffel cleverly releases into a left wrap (drop everything and wrap and you are in a left wrap) unlike Nev's which was the first 2d eiffel i believe which would give a horrendous knot if dropped.
Actually the first one I came up with drops out to open string so a true eiffel.  The variant used for the ftet was the horrid knot one but was so "feedable" it had to be done.  Mr L'z came up with the means to avoid the horrid knot by reversing the whip / unwrap.  Damn clever it is too.

But yeah - they're all easier to work out with 1d
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »
the Eiffel tower has bothered me ever since i heard about it...but these help, thanks a bunch
can't believe its not butter

ecuador16

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:34:41 AM »
how do you "reject" the first slack and is the first slack a regular j-whip

ive been trying to figure this one out ive got a ton of 1d eiffels but no 2d with out putting one of the diabolos on a stick

help please?

one more thing does langerz use one of his fingers to hold the jwhip then flips it over to the back cup

i think i got it but evertyme mine just ends up in a twist in 1d i cant even control the movement with 2d in the "rejection" which i am still not sure how it works the diabolo thats being whipped always drops when i "reject " it if i am indeed doing it right

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »
I learnt it easily by cheating on the second whip. If you grab the left diabolo in a hand/armstall you can reject and do the second whip very easily and as slow as you want ;). Once you can do that you can always go for the real version. From a normal J-whip you just flip the slack to the other side (watch lz´s vid, I suck so bad at explaining).

You do need to hold it with your fingers to keep the slack.

If you end up in a twist you might have hit the slack wrong (I did that too). There are tricks from there too.

ecuador16

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »
yeah i think ive figured out the reject part

i learnt the reject by looking at lz doing finger loops
i tried it and go it

they are hard

lz makes his stuff look so easy

Beni

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »
If you press the string against the cup of the diabolo it'll reject itself. This means you don't have to make a huge arm movement that unsettles the other diabolo.

Beni

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »

lz makes his stuff look so easy

everything stephen does IS easy

Paino

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal