Author Topic: 2/3D Grind Juggling?  (Read 4079 times)

Aaron Z

2/3D Grind Juggling?
« on: October 19, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
I was trying to think up some fresh concepts to start working on, and I came up with diabolo juggling.

I don't mean throwing around static diabolos, contact juggling style, but I mean having spinning diabolos grinding on your sticks, and using the sticks like hands to throw the diabolos about.

I've worked on it for a day now, and can easily get double-grinds going, catch a few tosses, and once every twenty tries or so, have 2 diabolos grinding on the same stick.

I'm not skilled at all as a juggler outside of diabolos, but I'm thinking that some people who are capable of both can carry some elements over.

Has anyone explored this? Any videos?

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: 2/3D Grind Juggling?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »
I managed to get two diabolo grinding on each stick out of my three low shuffle. Then swap them over. Is that what you mean? I've got another idea up my sleeve too.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:58:46 AM »
Has anyone explored this? Any videos?

yes lots. have a go at the 2 high vertax

martijn

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »
Yeah, I've been doing some 2 diabolo double grind tricks as well. It's lotsa fun :) But it gets pretty hard real quick.

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »
I tried doing a cascade with 3 diabolo's (the 3th thrown in) a long time ago. Works, but is extremely hard and looks craps.

n3mo

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »
yeah i've tried a 3d cascade the same way, its exactly as arjan said - doesn't look terribly good, and is quite difficult.
i've been trying to use the grinds to move the yoyos around my body in ways you can't really throw (almost like glowsticking) but i can't keep the right angle...working on that =D

and 2 high vertax? how would that work? throw ufo grinds?
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Midoryu

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »
Well, me and a friend were talking about it as well.  We'd talked about the problem with the direction of the spin, and how we'd have to unwrap from darkside to get it on the stick.  Haven't tried it yet though, and I'm sure there's a better way.
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 03:19:34 AM »
and 2 high vertax? how would that work? throw ufo grinds?

Yeah, something along the lines of UFO grinding while doing 2 high.  wonder if there's another way tho...

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
Its in one of diabolobros videos. Someone else gets one UFO grinding, you get one UFO grinding, they pop it up and you treat it as 2 high just ufo grinding.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »
Lot's of cools stuff there with 2D grinds. There's few Finnish guys who have started to work with 2d grind (the fact that you can do grind as "infinite" with both hands, would be the very basis of tricks). Cool throws, but the basic technique will take a long time. Hopefully we have something cool after year or more :) You could consider the 2d grind stuff as broken down juggling. Lot's of stuff haven't been discovered there.

:( i don't have enough time for everything. The 2d grind stuff will be on my list for a pretty long time.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:06 AM »
2high vertax was in the end of 40 below part two for anyone interested, it is the juggling of two UFO's in one hand. Unfortunately, we had to stop there, not making it to 3d cascade, which is possible no doubt, but with only 2 people very difficult.

I've come up with several other methods, but most involve not starting either diabolo yourself.

Eric did 2 in one hand in bagettes and diabolos for a little while
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

mykill

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 01:32:24 AM »
kinda nooby question but...
whats a 3D cascade (directed at n3mo)
anybody show/tell me?
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »
Just a 3 ball casade but done with diabolos, hence 3D, just look up the cascade patern it will be obvious, its in a few vids.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
With 3 sets of those top-things you could place one on your foot, get one spinning on the floor, do a MC-stall to the hand with the third, grab the one on the floor (provided it has bearings) then kick the third one up from the foot to do a normal cascade in the hands.

Due to thoe speed possibly dropping before everything is set up or D1 dropping of the foot it might be difficult to do alone though, best would be to have a partner or two to give the other diabs to you in quick succession.

Or get two diabolos in a normal gyro and get a third thrown in vertically for a 3D gyro cascade. I have done loads of variations with gyro (sticktwirls and stickthrows under 1 high) so I´m sure this is possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal