Author Topic: Link on forum to f ro n t p a g e  (Read 3447 times)

The Void

Link on forum to f ro n t p a g e
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
Perhaps I'm being blind, but there's no link on the forum that directs to the DCA frontpage, is there? How about making the top bar (the one with this image:

) of the forum into such a link?

EDIT: and why on earth does the text get automatically changed to "your father's moustache". Ridiculous in-joke which only serves to obfuscate. Please desist with it.

The Void
Hyper hyper
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Lily

Re: Link on forum to f ro n t p a g e
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
Nice suggestion, never noticed that after a year or so, just one comment; You got enough free time, don't you?:P
Diabolo in Athens is like the sea turtles: you can't say they are extinct, as there are a few left..

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »
EDIT: and why on earth does the text get automatically changed to "your father's moustache". Ridiculous in-joke which only serves to obfuscate. Please desist with it.

As far as I know, this is the inside joke.

Other than that, I think it was put into place to counter people proclaiming "FRONTPAGE" whenever a video they liked came up. It got annoying like "greetz" did. 

Guess frontpage could be converted back at some point.

Edit - in fact, done. We'll see how this goes.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:00:07 PM »
Good suggestion. Done. Now I just have to remember to edit the code with each update.

The frontpage obfuscation was to deal with the posts 10 minutes after a video was posted to the tone of "come on, where are the mods? front page please!!!"

I'm thankful that Duncan, Martijn, and William (Crackers) have started helping with that, but I'm not always here and it takes me a while to drop everything and write something.

Hadn't seen it used in a serious nature, as in this thread, until now. Hopefully the habit has died down now.

martijn

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
lol, I never even knew that the word front page got censored. I just thought that the father's moustache was one of those weird English jokes :-D

Yes, I also mean you Void ;)

The Void

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
Thanks Sean.

....one of those weird English jokes :-D Yes, I also mean you Void ;)

I'm seriously tempted to use that as a quote on my website!

The Void
Weird English Bloke
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal