Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration video 2008: "Work in progress"  (Read 57825 times)

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration video 2008: "Work in progress"
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
So hard to pick any favorites from mix like this! Just watched it once and Arjan, Johnny, Quentin and Susannah.. lots of new things to try out :) Sharpes 5d low passing was neat (7d passing isnt that bad either)..

Jn4s

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »
Wow ! that was a really nice work , so thanks martjin for that. And everyone who was in that video  ;)

And i loved those integrals and spining tricks.

but that marko´s vertical trick was really nice . I love it . So thanks for that.

Yesterday my friend called me when i was almost sleeping and he said : Do u now what then i ask What ? then he almost scearms in the fone and said the diabolo.ca collaboration video 2008 is here then i run to my computer and watched it . Wow then i was really like ¨Woot i cant believe its here¨

I Love Domi´s combos they are awsome! .  :o

So thanks to everyone. thats was the best diabolo video what i ever seen.  :o

JJesse

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2008, 02:03:54 PM »
What a huge diabolo skill cake glaced with innovation  ;). A lot of cool 1D ideas to explore, and really awesome passing patterns. Outstanding work on editing and choosing the music.

Overall, I think it's the best D.ca collab yet!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
Jonny, are you the magnificent spawn of a BMC/Nev one off because that sir was very very smooth.

Yay for funty's 3d web, yay for hathaways exquisite string figure, yay for crackers getting drunk, yay to all of it really.

I will jump on the bandwagon next year, looks most fun.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

allsoppy5

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »
It was amazing! Some of the integrals were amazing! And the combos were just incredible!
 I think mabe though it would be more a "collaborations" video if you had less of the same person and more differnet people. Dont ya think?

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »
i agree with what everybodys said.

also record post/time ratio?

peace and love

martijn

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
I think mabe though it would be more a "collaborations" video if you had less of the same person and more differnet people. Dont ya think

How would less clips by the same amount of people be more collaborative? Clips from more different diaboloists would be more collabrative.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »
Well said Tijn. Peoples clips that fitted the theme/were good enough got in... So Tijn clearly tried to use as much as possible, but at the end of the day you still want it to be an amazing video. Plus it couldn't have been much more 'colabrative' really, theres quite a large list of people in it. Dont ya think?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »
i still think that certain people could have had less clips in leaving more time for other who didn't get in. i mean some people whose clips appeared multiple times didn't have that amazing tricks.

Wannes

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
Very nice! Good job Martijn, the editing is very good.

allsoppy5

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »
How would less clips by the same amount of people be more collaborative? Clips from more different diaboloists would be more collabrative.

That is what i said...

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
I thought it was an amazing video, i didnt get in it but i dont care, i would have ruined it  :P so much creativity. I can tell you really put some hard work into this Tijn, thanks alot for taking the time to produce such an inspiring video.

Jakob

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »
I agree with allsoppy5, Ben and Martijn

After thinking about it. So some people get multiple "relative long" entries while others get a single trick. I suppose it is because they sent more.

I can imagine that is is hard for Martijn to throw tricks out. However I think that the video will seem more balanced, with even more rotation of the artists.

Superfluous tricks for votws?

I am supposing that more people will join next year --> longer video

If people disagree, please pm as I don't want to ruin this thread
//Jakob

Jonny Duffin

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2008, 09:37:24 PM »
That was defiantly worth the wait!!!
So much creativity and skill in one beautifully edited most amazing video of the year
Cant even think where to start to saying my best bits, there was far to many to list (and it would be a list)
Jonny, are you the magnificent spawn of a BMC/Nev one off because that sir was very very smooth.

I ain't no spawn, but thanks everyone for your comments and well done everyone for such a great video

Drolleboer

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
Martijn, very nice video you've made, it was really worth to wait.

martijn

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
We allowed multiple clips from the beginning on and have been doing that for the last 3 years. I haven't heard anyone complain about that until now, so maybe this should've been brought up beforehand and not now, when all the work's done.

If you want your 10 seconds of fame, upload your video to YouTube and you can have 10 minutes of fame! This project, to me, is about making a great video with submissions from different d.ca members and you have no idea how hard it just is to deal with so many different clips :-D If our goal was to please everyone, I doubt we'd have such a stunning video every year. It makes sense to have a selection procedure. I was working with an "Accepted", "Rejected" (technically, I wasn't working with that folder) and "Maybe" folder with clips, so yes: some of the clips in the Maybe folder made it and some didn't!

This all's just nitpicking though - have a look at the explosion of love: 6 pages of positive posts within a day!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2008, 11:09:42 PM »
What Martijn said. Tijn rejected most of my clips - 2d duicide, random combos, the 2d integral etc, so I decided to make my own video (hokey pokey)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 01:30:40 AM »
Wow This is truly Diabolo.ca's best annual event. I look forward to it every year. I must say this year was the best ever. I really enjoyed every trick I saw in there, as well as seeing some new faces in the mix. Martijn did an awesome job with the editing as always, well worth the wait.

Highlights for those who care:
4low, 7d passing, 5 (low) passing (Don't tell me Jacob hurt his foot again)
2d fan combos
Cracker's sick skills
Funty's awesome use of loops
nev sick duicide thing
pete rules, but does he live on a tennis court?

Thats it, off to practice more
Until next time
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2008, 01:27:43 PM »
Quote from: Diabolo Bro
pete rules, but does he live on a tennis court?

Hehe, unfortunately I had no one available to hold the camera, and I don't have a tripod,  so the only place I can get a half decent angle is using the fence posts round the tennis court. Admittedly I've only ever used the same one...  Plus tennis courts are a great space to practice in if you're garden is too small/muddy/overgrown.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

S@RuMaN

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:02 PM »
Norbi reminds me Steve Stifler  :-D...don't know why...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal