Author Topic: Infinite suicides with a Fly diabolo?  (Read 4218 times)

lowe

Infinite suicides with a Fly diabolo?
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
hey guys,

ive been trying to do infinite suicides for a couple of days now and im not quite sure what im doing wrong, everytime i try my diabolo ends up at the bottom of my string with my stick. what would i be doing wrong, am i not pulling hard enough on my string to keep it up? Or may it be beacuse im using a sundia fly and it cant grip the string?

Mr.D

Re: Infinite suicides with a Fly diabolo?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »
You have to make sure the axle does not spin in the direction you spin the suicide.
A normal infinite suicide spins counter-clockwise (if you are righthanded), which means the Fly has to be placed the normal way (white ring furthest away from you) so the axle spins freely clockwise, but not counter-clockwise.

I have heard that the Sundia Flys come with a thin wax coating or similar on the axle, so if you are using a slippery string you might have trouble getting the friction needed to keep the diabolo up in infinite suicide. That might also be the solution. However, I have two Flys myself and have not experienced this.

Hope that help :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:52:46 PM »
Yes, you can do an infinite suicide with a bearing diabolo. No, it doesn't feel quite the same. The slippery coating is only on the lighter weight (black) axles. As for general tips, have a look through the tricks sticky and searching on the forum. Make sure the shape you are making with your hand isn't a circle. It's mostly up and quickly around the bottom. If the diabolo is sliding down the string then you need to pull up harder.

lowe

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »
i am a lefty btw,
im not quite sure wat type of string came with the sundia carbon shorts i bought but ive been looking at the best types of sting and apparently most people prefer henrys neon? correct me if im wrong.

Thanks for the tips guys  :-D

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:45:04 PM »
If anything the string you are using should make infinite suicides easier as it should give more grip. Some people prefer henry's and some people prefer babache, and then theres the other types that some people prefer. All down to what sort of string you like and really what style you intend to do a lot of.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Just to add my opinion on infinite suicides with bearings; they aren't necessarily harder or worse, just different.
Behind your back is your front.

Toddyupa

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
Even though I don't own one, when i did infinite suicides with bearings, i barely even felt a difference.
pretentious 12 year old

lowe

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »
yay i finally worked them out, i could do them with bearings and without :) you guys were right about not much different, BUT (always a but) i have just changed my string and now its happening all over again, and i cant do the trick :P

JJesse

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
You can't do inf suicides with a new string, at least it's very hard. Let the string wear in first by doing other tricks or just rub it to a brick wall for example (as I do) :P

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
the movements for bearing yoyo are faster than for non bearing
Supplier of Chinese yoyos

Toddyupa

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 06:51:01 AM »
I find that the more slippery the string is, the harder it is.
pretentious 12 year old

EvIlAlEkSi

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »
I think infinite is actually easier with a fly... Atleast i think it is

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal