Author Topic: Finnish Diabolo Championships 2009  (Read 4188 times)

JugglingV

Finnish Diabolo Championships 2009
« on: December 06, 2008, 02:17:52 PM »
14.3.2009. It`s Finnish diabolo championship. In Tampere, Tamppiareena. 

More information To this website http://www.diaboloseura.fi/

Im sorry but everything are Finnish language.

JugglingV

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Finnish Diabolo Championships
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 02:46:22 PM »
Yes. The Finnish Diabolo Association will be organizing the event. I will provide more extensive information about the competitions when i get the ads ready. The date is correct though. I've been too busy with other stuff so the information about competitions have delayed a lot.

But don't think that the Diabolothon and competitions are the same thing, cause they are not. Diabolo is more track&field style of having fun. The competitions are more organized more strict and include more tricks. If you got good Finnish to English translator do try to get your way around rules on www.diaboloseura.fi sorry for all being in Finnish. My apologies for the untranslated material behalf of FDA.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Finnish Diabolo Championships
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
I think the event in calendar should be called "Finnish Diabolo Championships" not "SDM". For the SDM is finnish acronym "Suomen Diabolo Mestaruus" and it doesn't say much to people outside Finland. Translation for that would the one i suggested. If some moderator would be kind enough to make the changes to the event in calendar, i would be grateful.

JugglingV

Re: Finnish Diabolo Championships
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »
I think the event in calendar should be called "Finnish Diabolo Championships" not "SDM". For the SDM is finnish acronym "Suomen Diabolo Mestaruus" and it doesn't say much to people outside Finland. Translation for that would the one i suggested. If some moderator would be kind enough to make the changes to the event in calendar, i would be grateful.

Ou Well :-D

Im so sorry that.
It`s my mistake, Sorry.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Finnish Diabolo Championships 2009
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »
No problem, friend. Now everything is okay.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
Just a remainder for all Finnish people who i can't reach any other way but through
diabolo.ca. Three weeks to go, until the championships! Remember to send all
the forms a week before the actual event. There are three series you can compete in,
beginners, men and women. No men allowed in women's series. If any woman feel that
there isn't enough challenge in women's series she can compete with men. Beginners
you know who you are, if you have to ask about whether you are beginner or not. Then
you most likely are. For some more info, go Finnish Diabolo Associations website and read www.diaboloseura.fi 
If you don't find it there then ask me. ;)

On 14.3.09 We are going to start at 11 o'clock and compete until 17 (5pm). Remember to be
early enough there otherwise you will miss the briefing. There will be some diabolos for sale
also some FDA (SDS in finnish) t-shirts. Event is free for audience, so if you don't compete be
sure to come to watch. No excuses, i know you have asked for more diabolo related events, here
is one.

-Marko, chairman of Finnish Diabolo Association

For non Finnish people, here's two ads for your amusement.

Full picture: http://www.kumiankka.com/arkisto/sds/DiabolonSM-juliste-med.jpg

Full picture: http://www.kumiankka.com/arkisto/sds/DiabolonSM-juliste1-med.jpg

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »
So when is the next FDC...or is this the FDC? I really want to go to a Finnish diaboloconvention, they seem so nice and focused :).

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »
No this is not FDC. This is Finnish Diabolo Championships 2009 and it's organized by 'Suomen Diaboloseura' Finnish Diabolo Association.

Finnish Diabolo Association organizes two main sport events for diaboloists every year. First one is this Finnish Diabolo Championships. Where you compete in different diabolo dissiplines and competitor who gets best overall score wins. Here are some dissiplines of the Championships: 1 diabolo routine 3minutes, 2 diabolo routine 2 minutes, 3 diabolo routine 2 minutes, 3 diabolo high endurance, most vertax genocides in one minute (double counts as two, triple as three and so on)

Whole Finnish Diabolo Championships is really serious event. There's no Monobolo racquetball even it looks like that in poster.

Other event Finnish Diabolo Association organizes yearly is Diabolothon Championships. This event happens during FDC.

and FDC 2009 will happen 29.7 -2.8.2009 at Eräjärvi, more info is coming to Diabolo.ca also.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »
Yeah, we will advertise it more when we have figured all out..... ermmm. Well details are already confirmed. But we will release the information later. Let's go first trough with the championships.

But as Samuli said, the FDC you're asking about is at 29.7.-2.8.09. So mark the dates to calendar.
Guests are booked and that information will be also released later. I think the pre-req will open in 1 month, so that the people can start to plan their summer.

Today i registered to championships. Filling out the routine information and trick lists turned out to be pretty hard. Will take few more days to have everything the way i want...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal