Author Topic: Short diabolo video - 3 tricks :)  (Read 8371 times)

Peter Skoett

Short diabolo video - 3 tricks :)
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
Hello everybody!

So, the tricks I sent in for the Diabolo.ca Collaboration video 2008 didn't get in, so I decided to edit them into a short video.
None of the tricks are either very new, creative or anything, which i guess is why they didn't get in the Collaboration video.
Anyway, I hope you guys/girls enjoy the video and thank you for your time to watch my video if you do  :-D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovM1cR6Mme0

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Short diabolo video - 3 tricks :)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:18 PM »
wtf that behind the back one was sick!
thats collab material right there!

GuiZ

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
I A-G-R-E-E!

AWESOME!!
I stayed with my mouth opened!
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

Ethan

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
very nice, 2nd one wasn't bad, i think that one should have made it in
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »
2nd one has already been done, alot?
1 and 2 are both cool tricks but I probably would have rejected them too.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

mykill

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:57:55 AM »
damn thats around the back thing is wicked...
how do you make em stay like that???  :o
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 08:40:09 AM »
Agreed, the second one is awesome.
Might've been a video quality issue, dunno ...

Peter Skoett

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
Thanks for the great comments everyone :)

Yeah will that second trick is pretty common. Never seen it behind the back though...

The quality wasnt very good that's right, that could be a reason that i didn't get in.

how do you make em stay like that???  :o

Keep your string streched and have one spin left and the other one right. The one spinning "the wrong way" should be on the right side of the string :)

nezzybaby

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »
Well I really think the first trick should have made it to the video, the second one is a nice variation on a classic trick (I remember learning that one years ago, not sure I'm nimble enough to get it all round my body though... bit of a beer belly in the way). The third trick was less original, but still a nice little video!

monkiatzu

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
all 3 were pretty good!
im impressed and kinda disapointed NONE of them made it in?
weird
anywho great vid, its good to recycle:D
plus good song! (i can do it on gh3 in expert mode hehe)

Peter Skoett

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »

im impressed and kinda disapointed NONE of them made it in?
weird

Maybe as Crackers said, it could be a quality issue, not sure though.

plus good song! (i can do it on gh3 in expert mode hehe)

Yeah, actually got to know the song through Gh3 hehe. One of my favorites :)

martijn

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Is it really necessary to mention the fact these were your submissions for the collab video? I don't think that's very tactful. How can anything remotely positive emerge from such actions? If you want to know why I rejected your clip(s), you can always ask me personally. I'd be more than happy to explain. But since this has gone public now and people might be curious, I'll explain further here (regardless of any possible quality issues, I don't recall how they were submitted unfortunately).

The first trick has been done at the FEDC03 by Hayato Watanabe, which has been posted on the forum. The second trick is a classic (A Man's Chew, Diabology) and the around the body move isn't new either (done by Lena from a regular stickstall for example). The third trick has been done very often, JiBe is probably most known for popularising it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like your tricks (well, the first 2 at least). I decided to leave them out, because they didn't fit the guidelines we set up for the video.

monkiatzu

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »
Is it really necessary to mention the fact these were your submissions for the collab video? I don't think that's very tactful. How can anything remotely positive emerge from such actions? If you want to know why I rejected your clip(s), you can always ask me personally. I'd be more than happy to explain. But since this has gone public now and people might be curious, I'll explain further here (regardless of any possible quality issues, I don't recall how they were submitted unfortunately).

The first trick has been done at the FEDC03 by Hayato Watanabe, which has been posted on the forum. The second trick is a classic (A Man's Chew, Diabology) and the around the body move isn't new either (done by Lena from a regular stickstall for example). The third trick has been done very often, JiBe is probably most known for popularising it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like your tricks (well, the first 2 at least). I decided to leave them out, because they didn't fit the guidelines we set up for the video.

we all know he's right :), can't argue with that

Peter Skoett

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »

I didn't ask why they didn't get in. And i don't see any problem saying that these were my clips for the collab vid. I already said that they weren't very creative AND they had been seen before, so i didn't really need an explanation.

martijn

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
And i don't see any problem saying that these were my clips for the collab vid.

I suggest you read the replies on your own topic and think again.

Peter Skoett

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
I suggest you read the replies on your own topic and think again.

Well.. Yeah, but I didn't see that comin' did I? If you really feel so bad about it, I guess I'm sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal