Author Topic: Yellow string with Grey flick?  (Read 2024 times)

BlackLoveBite

Yellow string with Grey flick?
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:51:07 AM »
Since I use firetoys as my trusty website to buy all my gear from. (Sometimes Oddballs when I pop in london)

I noticed that have Henrys strings. Both Orange and Yellow, but they have grey flicks in them?

Does the yellow string with Grey flick any good? Or shall I just stick with pure yellow? Since at the moment I'n hating the pink string I'm using.
http://www.youtube.com/BlackLoveBite - My youtube. VISIT IT!
Keep Spinning My Fellow Diaboloists!

seán_

Re: Yellow string with Grey flick?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »
It's the same as far as we can tell. I believe the story goes that since other manufacturers also sell yellow string Henrys want to make sure you know what you are buying. There will probably still be the odd roll of pure yellow around but all the stuff I have seen coming into the UK has been flecked for a while. (Someone also mentioned that years back the string was flecked anyway)

The red and yellow(?) string that now comes with Henrys sticks cant be bought on it's own. (Rumour had it that since several manufaturers are bringing out Henrys 'inspired' sticks they wanted them to stand out as well.)

JC

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
I have heard the same, and it seems that all new red and yellow string is this way,
for the green, it seems that in the moment the old green is still available
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 11:01:54 PM »
I recently bought henry's yellow string and yes I got yellow string with gray flecks on it. The diffrence is that its uhm... les smoother then pure yellow?

Anyways I do perfer my pure yellowstring but I don't really notice a big diffrence yet. The onley diffrence I notice is that you can do a wrap start faster with the fleck string while its a new string.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
I think the new string breaks easier and it doesn´t stay good for as long as the all-yellow. Also, it takes longer to wear in. It is also less visual which is bad...I don´t like it.

The red and yellow(?) string that now comes with Henrys sticks cant be bought on it's own. (Rumour had it that since several manufaturers are bringing out Henrys 'inspired' sticks they wanted them to stand out as well.)

That´s too bad. That string is actually pretty good. Way better than the old white string they used to come with. Nice and grippy but not too much so.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal