Author Topic: My bar mitzvah diabolo and juggling show (Omer Munk)  (Read 2698 times)

omeras828

My bar mitzvah diabolo and juggling show (Omer Munk)
« on: December 24, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CkuvgMrJFk

it was my first show ever.... i was really pressed.... the show was ok except for the moment when my string wraped in other string... so its a little bit maked this part messy, but becuz of that the only tricks that i gave up for cuz i didnt have time is excalibur genocide but never mind... the show goes well without that, please tell me what you think, and give me tips for my shows and the future, thank you!
thanks for watching!!!!

aaro

• VotW Contributor
Re: My bar mitzvah diabolo and juggling show (Omer Munk)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 01:06:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing, it was a nice show. A lot of technique, and not so many mistakes.

<rant warning>

But if you wanted tips, i would say you really need to include the audience more, sometimes you are just going trough tricks and don't give the audience time to breath or applause. They want to see your face more often, they want to be part of whats happening. When building up a routine, think about pauses. It's a good idea to make a pause after a flashy trick. Don't be afraid of just stopping and looking at the people for few seconds. Show that you are relaxed, in control and actually enjoying yourself (sometimes you need to fake some parts of this list :))

Music was ok, but bit repetitive, you might want to find bit more variation to beat and style.

I think you should stick with diabolo and drop the additions. At least you should do your clubs and balls before diabolo, cause now the wow-factor was going too much up and down (the flowerstick you should...). Did not really get the point of changing your shirt in the middle either...

The 2 diabolo routine was maybe bit too long/repetitive, normal spectators don't really see much difference between suns/knot stealing or even suicides. It's better to have bit too short routine than too long, so that audience gets the feeling that they would have wanted to see more.

3 diabolos... People were taking pictures of your start with 2 diabolos between your legs. Do you want to see that in newspaper or even family album? It's not that hard to come up with a decent start that you don't have to be ashamed of afterwards.

I hope you did not get upset by any of this, i want to wish you good luck if you choose to go pro. In the end everything is just opinions, and you should not listen those too much  ::)

yitavd

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 08:51:55 AM »
Nice show.
how many people were there?
I have some tips for you...
firstable don't Put the diabolo between your legs , when people look at it it looks funny and weird.
there were some repetitive tricks as aaro said like the vortex.
Try making your tricks and style more smooth, be cool...
Get your own style , it looks like your not sure about it..
The audience usually like some body moves like around the legs and around the arm and back and less some technical tricks (depend on the trick)..
Try combining the music in your show , Take as an example the Sharpe show...
Your also have to move more on the stage and as aaro said make pauses so the audience knows when to clap.
Good luck in the future!

Janey

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »
yes, it was a good show, but what was going on with the light? sometimes i didn't see you xD
you should slow a little bit down, you make tricks, run to the diabolos, you make tricks again, run to the clubs... try to do that slowly :)
i agree with aaro, i want to know, why you changed your shirt^^

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
It seemed to have little structure to it. It was like you were doing tricks randomly whereever you felt like it and i got a little bored in parts. I agree with what people have said before me, you need to slow down abit, never put diabolos inbetween your legs  :P and i dont think you should do clubs, balls ect  if its a diabolo act keep it that way because for me it was kind of an anticlimax to go from 2D tricks to 3 clubs. Seemed a bit out of place for me. But well done! diabolo is one thing ive never performed with so youve done better than me!

Jn4s

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:24:24 PM »
I agree everything with Aaro. Im too interested why you chance your t-shirt in midlle on the show .

I think first do with balls and clubs after that flowerstick then start doing 1 diabolo then 2 diabolo then 3 diabolo shuflle and thorw the diabolos in air and cathc them then do vertical.

But it was pretty nice show . And when you are doing fan do then when you are almost done with 2 diabolos .

monkiatzu

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »
id say be more relaxed and enjoy it, your a performer :)
keep a big smile on your face at all times too
tricks-wise, things like the elevetor trick thing are more impressive than a 2d fan to the audience, although diaboloists would thing in an oposite mannor. thats slightl exaggerated but its true to the extent that you should do tricks that impress the audience and not you
anyway it was a good performance, im just giving advice for next time :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal