Author Topic: review of taibolo string  (Read 4150 times)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
review of taibolo string
« on: December 25, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »
                           Taibolo string review

ok, i didnt want to start a new thread so i am going to post this here.(i originally posted this in the taibolo diabolo thread) along with my taibolos i got a 25 m roll of taibolo string and when i tried it out...oooh lah lah. it differs from henrys yellow in a lot of ways. first of all, its not yellow. i like white string better than colored so that is a plus. and second of all it doesnt feel like fishing line when you get it first, it actually has grip. now when i first noticed this... i thought it was bad because it wouldnt last long but after about 4 hours straight daboloage. it has actually gotten better, not worse. now i could be wrong in the long run but i really LOVE this string. even more then henry's so i thought i could clue some of you guys in

thanks, mike

EDIT: ok. after using it for a while i only like this string for performances. it wraps up fairly easy after about a week of use. i got the new henrys and i like it.
can't believe its not butter

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
review of taibolo string
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 12:33:06 AM »
thanks, mike

ok, mike, if that is your real name...
i thought that it was pretty thick and wore out quickly.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
Re: review of taibolo string
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 01:19:42 AM »
mine is still going really strong after a long straight amount of diaboloing. idk if it could be to the sitting overnight that makes it... , i guess stale. but the reason why i love this stuff so much is because of the condition it is new in. it has kept the awesome grip for about 5 hours and is still strong.

i would also like to add that it is fairly good for slack too

edit: after comparing thickness to henrys it looked pretty much the same

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
I to have had a 25m roll for a while,

i thought that it was pretty thick and wore out quickly.
Bingo.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
(totally irrelevant) I just woke up and apparently dream eric had some taibolo string and he agrees with hath and ben. it was thick and started to fray quickly. oh well I don't actually know; probably brought on by hath and ben.'s reviews.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 03:38:06 PM »
i thought that it was pretty thick

Taibolo string in the same thickness as Henry's - its Sundia string that is thicker.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 11:24:32 PM »
Taibolo string in the same thickness as Henry's - its Sundia string that is thicker.

thanks nev.

edit: after comparing thickness to henrys it looked pretty much the same

Aaron Z

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
Therefore;

it was pretty thick and wore out quickly.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »
I also found that it got grippy very quickly, which in some ways was a good way, as Mike says when you first get it, it has grip, but I found myself changing my string thrice as much due to the fact it gets so grippy and has a tendency to wrap up, whereas you can use henry's string well past the time where you can hardly tell what colour it is...

still its all down to preference.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »

Axilex

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
Thanks man,

like 2 weeks ago i got the Sundia Thin String (it isn't thin at all). in the beginning it had a little to much grip, me i could handle it, after a day it get's grippier and grippier, until after 3 days it sucks.     so i needed better string, this morning i bought Taibolo, i hope it is has less grip than sundia, but a little more grip than henry's.

mykill

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
the taibolo string is pretty slippery at first but then gets grippy after about 2 weeks worth of use. (4 days if your going to be doing it all day)
if your good at controlling the grippy-ness, or just use it a lot it gets pretty useful
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal