Author Topic: Antisuicide (was One common 2D trick. How to do it?)  (Read 19487 times)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
Antisuicide (was One common 2D trick. How to do it?)
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:18:29 PM »
I´m asking about the trick which is for example in the first diabolo movie of sharpes brothers at 26" . Just put de diabolo in the sitcki and make a suicide?? :shock: nice trick
Rooted diabolist.

seán_

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 05:38:14 PM »
Its called an antisuicide
theres been a bit of chatter about them recently in the Kno trick of the week thread.
Its a great trick and deserves its own thread, I hope you dont mind if we turn your thread into one for it?

Martijn posted this example in the above thread
http://www.circusplanet.net/diabolo/video/2d/antisuicide.mpg

Priam and trash do this trick very well and it can also be done in multiples. Monregi does an antisuicide into fan in a video  in this thread.

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »
it´s just to do a wrap and while grinding in your right stick throw it over the left one.
you can do it double, or instead with a backwrap, with a frontwrap, finishing with a vortex or a fan.(or what you want.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:45:03 PM »
Priam also explained at the BJC how it is the closest anyone has been able to get to to an infinate 2diabolo suicide, but probably only when using ratcheted diabolos, theoretically you can keep it going as long as you want until they lose their spin

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 09:47:33 PM »
Well even those super spins lost their spin reasonably fast. but he kept it going anyway. If only it was like the s-fan "its ok, they'll start up again in a minute"

On that note, John, film a cold start into s-fan, go on.

Paul

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »
I have only managed to do this trick a couple of times. Does anyone have any advice for the motion? Is it a throw of the right stick or more a vortex movement with the left hand? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Peace

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:05:25 PM »
all left, so much left its crazy, just left left left (and a throw up with the right first :wink: ). Watch my latest vid on 'i just learned' and slow down the clip to watch my left hand during the anticide. See the huge movement.

seán_

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:34:35 PM »
I do these and stick the left hand near the end so you end with a left stick stall. (or I cheat by sticking the left stick stick in to get the stall to slow the move down depending on your perspective ;)

@Norbi: Great combo Norbi.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 12:00:53 AM »
i have been trying to learn this trick aswell.
i give the diabolo a backside wrap but grind it, so if i was to pull the stick away i would end up with a backside wrap. then it ry to thow the stick/diabolo around and somehow the 2nd diabolo aswell. the 2nd diabolo doesnt swing around though, it just falls to the ground
should i learn the vortex before i attempt this trick?

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
d
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »
thanks for all guys  :wink:
Rooted diabolist.

seán_

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 11:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Punkerpanda
i have been trying to learn this trick aswell.
i give the diabolo a backside wrap but grind it, so if i was to pull the stick away i would end up with a backside wrap. then it ry to thow the stick/diabolo around and somehow the 2nd diabolo aswell. the 2nd diabolo doesnt swing around though, it just falls to the ground
should i learn the vortex before i attempt this trick?

I reckon it wont hurt if you did, you get used to the left hand motion and also the changes in direction of the shuffle.
 I'd also say the vortex is an easier trick (for me it was any way)

Paul

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 01:43:10 PM »
Nailed it! cheers guys. Can get the single every time now and the odd double here n there. Yup Norbi you were right. left left left and left! :D
Peace

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
anti suicide
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 03:38:15 PM »
right im having serious problems with a 2d anti suicide. can anyone over any guidence?
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Spooned

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 04:58:44 PM »
Im no expert but i found that after learing the vortex it was alot similar - the hand movements are almost identical HTH

(to mod: thnx for the merge  :wink:)
Diabolo or Diablo

Marc

• VotW Contributor
Antisuicides
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 02:38:18 PM »
Hi
I have learnt how to do antisuicides and was wondering if there are any extentions of it :?:

Mithew

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 05:17:34 PM »
i don't know how to do this, but i've seen some diaboloists do a double antisuicide, or do an antisuicide, catch, and immediately do another antisuicide, and repeat this several times.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »
try it from different tricks (like during a fan back in into a fan) or with frontwrap instead of backwrap. I made a variation up where you throw it inside, go into an armstall, then whip out of the armstall and catch the stick (can also be done out of a single antisuicide.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »
Double anti suicide is possible. Mithew i think your thinkinkg of vortex suicides which combine nicely in combos with a frontwrapped antisuicide.

To do a vortex suicide do a vortex, then let the diab that you didn't frontwrap go around so the rotation wants to go the wrong waythen let go of the right stick and it should swing wround. It goes a bit quick and ends in a frontwrap so you have to get out of it with another vortex. I think this is probably a really bad explanation, someone else want to try. Video would be best.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 02:19:38 PM »
I think Ryo Yabe did multiple vortex(?)suicides in his latest video. They look good and are really pretty easy. If you just get the movement down you can sometimes do dousins of them:)

As for the antisuicide, I am not quite sure what you´re talking about, but it might be in the video with that guy who does good swinging fans (sorry to forget his name). If it´s the one where you backwrap and then suicide to your left, I know both him and Tony does it. It´s in one of Tony´s vids from 2003, but I don´t think that´s on the internet anymore.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 06:05:52 PM »
Stuck on this trick, does anyone have any other advice other than a huge left handed movement. I can get the diabolo to come round and it stops at a right angle to the floor (if that makes sense?) Any pointers?

Sorry for bumping an old thread by the way

Cheers,
Behind your back is your front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal